My training - Sharing some of my footwork and Kung Fu Drills

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got back from working out today. Endurance is getting good and I'm starting to feel like I don't have enough time to do everything. Looks like it's time for me to increase the intensity. My son is hanging in there I'm very proud of him. He's ready to workout before I am. He's starting to enjoy the kung fu as well. I've been going over some applications and fighting mindset training with him. I'm just touching on it with him but it seems he's found his peaceful corner and I'm happy about that. A place where he can let the world's BS pass him by for at least 2 hours.

I'll hold the course for March. That should give my son enough time to be ready for increase intensity in April. It will also give me enough time to strengthen my abs so I can do ab exercises for at least a minute. Right now my belly gasses out after 20 seconds. Puff, Puff , Passout. lol

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I
To be honest it may be something that is forgotten being that there are very few who actually try to use kung fu.
tis not forgotten. I call it a box pattern and we do it in every warm up. I use a box pattern, an H pattern, and a cross pattern with twist step and step out. We add 3-9 punches on each step on box, forward and backward. Punch and pat combo on the H, also with jab and double hooks high and low. We also use the box pattern for jump turns at 90 180 270 and 360. This is difficult with cotton soled slippers on a waxed concrete floor. I love that you post these. Thank you!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got back from working out today. Endurance is getting good and I'm starting to feel like I don't have enough time to do everything. Looks like it's time for me to increase the intensity. My son is hanging in there I'm very proud of him. He's ready to workout before I am. He's starting to enjoy the kung fu as well. I've been going over some applications and fighting mindset training with him. I'm just touching on it with him but it seems he's found his peaceful corner and I'm happy about that. A place where he can let the world's BS pass him by for at least 2 hours.

I'll hold the course for March. That should give my son enough time to be ready for increase intensity in April. It will also give me enough time to strengthen my abs so I can do ab exercises for at least a minute. Right now my belly gasses out after 20 seconds. Puff, Puff , Passout. lol
Good job!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
By using wheeling step to move yourself out of your opponent's attacking path, you then hook punch (or hay-maker) behind your opponent's head (with the sharp edge of your fore arm) is a very good knock down move. I have used this move to knock down 6 guys in my life during challenge fights. One time I knocked a guy from vertical to horizontal before his body dropped down to the ground. It's one of my door guarding moves (bread and butter moves). When my opponent uses jab/cross at my face, I like to use hook to counter it.
Yep just like that!