my tae kwon do school

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
what is the name of your TAE KWON DO school? I go to SOUTH CENTRAL TAE KWON DO it is teached by MASTER TED HILSON he is a 8th or 9 th degree black belt

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The local Tae Kwon Do school here is simply called "Master Kang's Tae Kwon Do". Why do you ask?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well mine is called Twin dragons Martial Art Studio located in Arlington Texas and the name was choosen because me and my family are fascinated by Dragons. Oh by the way I own the thing.
Terry Lee Stoker

Agrosch

White Belt
Reaction score
Mid Ohio Martial Arts Academy(sp?)
Master Tarr is a 7th degree; however, he could easily be 9th. He's been 7th for more years than I've been alive almost...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
chung do kwan, i chose it cus it was recomended by my old inst

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lake City Taekwondo, my instructer is only a 3rd degree, in this style anyway. He was trained by the korean army.

K

KingofSpades

U.S. Tae Kwon Do center, we have 3 instructers my favourite being master Carl, 3rd degree, trained in the U.S. military

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Han-Mi Tae Kwon Do Studio

Cheif instructor: Steve Habib 5th dan
Head Instructor: ME :)

Spookey

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

Originally and always I am a member of Bateman Taekwon-Do Oh Do Kwan.

Just this past week I have been honored to join another dojang as an assistant to the instructor from whom I will also receive instruction (both in Taekwon-Do and in Teaching).

So, humbly I am now a student of Chung Yun Sun and dojang, Chung's Taekwondo Academy.

Taekwon!
Spookey

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Spookey, I am confident you bring a lot to your new school as you continue the traditions of your father's dojang.

The dojang I teach at is called TDS Family Martial Arts and Fitness Center. The "TDS" stands for "tactical defense solutions." I am the chief instructor of the Taekwondo program. In addition, there are Fitness Kickboxing and Tang Soo Do programs at the dojang.

Miles

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Even though my teacher is a Korean who immigrated to the US in 1968, we are really not a TKD school.

I am Chief Instructor of Arlington Chayon-Ryu Martial Arts in Arlington, Texas. The name means, "Natural Way." This is a teaching method to preserve the styles of Chuan-fa, karate, hapkido, bong sul, and taekwondo. Local web site is: http://www.arlingtonkarate.com

My instructor is a 10th dan - training since 1950 and still teaches in Houston. http://www.kimsookarate.com

R. McLain

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Moo Sul Kwan Martial Arts. Check it out....
http://www.moosulkwan.com. I train at the Tae Kwon Do Karate Club in St. Louis, MO. My father is the chief instructor of the Lee H. Park Martial Arts Institute in Cape Girardeau, MO.

My chief instructor is Grandmaster Charles Hildebrand, he is 7th dan TKD and 5th dan Hapkido. Dad is a 5th dan in Hapkido. The school Moo Sul Kwan was founded by Lee H. Park. Lee came to Cape Girardeau from Korea and began teaching at Southeast Missouri State Univerity where he was a professor of physical education.

Grandmaster Park was a cerified 9th Dan Black Belt by the World Tae Kwon Do Federation in 1985. He was a certified 9th Dan Black Belt in Hapkido by the Moo Sul Kwan Hapkido Federation and a 5th Dan Black Belt by the Korea Yudo Association. He was one of the two highest ranking Moo Sul Kwan instructors in the world. In 1980, he was recipient of the Outstanding Coach Award at the 5th National Collegiate Tae Kwon Do Championships in St. Louis, Missouri.

In Korea Lee learned hapkido from Won-Kwang Wha, who was a student of Choi-Young Sool.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Superkick Taekwondo. I named my school after my late kickboxing trainer. (see my sig.) He ran a gym in a rough neighborhood as an alternative to gangs & drugs. My program is in a similar neighborhood & has the same goals. It was only fitting I name it after him.