Holiday season

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just as a after thought who here run Holiday specials this time of year and if you do what are they. I was wondering is this a good time of year to run specials like Two months for the price of one or three months for $100.00 includes uniform. Just looking on ways to increase enrollment.
Terry Lee Stoker

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are not running any enrollment specials this holiday season, but the school owner informed me the other night that they will be giving 10% off of pro-shop sales.

I don't think we do enrollment specials since January is a good month for enrollment with folks making New Years resolutions.

Miles

A

Andy Cap

Well, how about you have a holiday party for your students and tell them to bring a friend? This way the friends get a chance to meet your group and see how it is a group they could belong to.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a great idea Andy C. Hey, are you going to open your dojang in January?

Miles

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Andy Cap said:
Well, how about you have a holiday party for your students and tell them to bring a friend? This way the friends get a chance to meet your group and see how it is a group they could belong to.

Yup, this happens at my dojang. We have a big holiday party where family and friends are all welcome. A belt ceremony is held, we have a potluck, an MA demonstration, entertainment, etc., and the non-practitioners are exposed to TKD in our dojang. I'm sure after that, some of the partiers decide to take the plunge and try training with us at our dojang.

As far as giving discounts at the end of the year, I agree, maybe it's not such a good idea cuz a lot of people have those New Year resolutions where they want to get back in shape. So, yeah, since they have already decided to spend their cash on fitness why throw in a discount? The cash is coming anyway... :idunno:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had a problem with the regulars after running a special like this? We always have a number of regulars that get pissed because they didn't sign up during a "promo" and want whatever discount applies. They feel entitled.....

A

Andy Cap

Miles said:
That's a great idea Andy C. Hey, are you going to open your dojang in January?

Miles

Thanks Miles. I am looking at February, my wife and I have planned vacation for January. So, February gives me enough time. So much to do. Thanx for asking.

A

Andy Cap

Another thing to consider is speaking with insurance companies about being a recognized health club. I have already done this and found that I can save people some money on their tuition this way. You can go to larger businesses in your area and find out what insurance carrier they use and then work on developing an agreement with the insurance carrier.

You can also speak with larger compaines and work out discount plans for their employees. You may get a solid influx from that.