My New Gi

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today. BADASS! There was a contest a few months ago, embracing the tackiness that is BJJ fashion. And this was the winner. The company that sponsored the contest manufactured a limited run of the winner. The Pinup Gi:

229788_10150234621432082_587172081_8476814_7512550_n.jpg

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today. BADASS! There was a contest a few months ago, embracing the tackiness that is BJJ fashion. And this was the winner. The company that sponsored the contest manufactured a limited run of the winner. The Pinup Gi:
Me jealous... it's awesome. Kinda like nose art on WWII bomber planes. Heh!

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Me jealous... it's awesome. Kinda like nose art on WWII bomber planes. Heh!
That was the inspiration for the design. But she's wearing a... well... it's a skin tight gi. But still. A gi, nonetheless! :) It's really, really cool.

Very high quality jits kimono, too.

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the inspiration for the design. But she's wearing a... well... it's a skin tight gi. But still. A gi, nonetheless! :) It's really, really cool.

Very high quality jits kimono, too.

I like it! Very cool

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks, shima. I have been dying gis different colors, and playing around with batik to do different things, but this is a cool design. I spent a couple months' allowance on it. :)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the designer gi thing... sorry. not something I am into.

like the old nose art of bombers... not on gi's.

but hay, its your gi, your style allows it.. cool. enjoy.

I just like the minimalist, KISS kinda approach. no patches or an association patch perhaps.. other wise keep it plain and clean.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the designer gi thing... sorry. not something I am into.

like the old nose art of bombers... not on gi's.

but hay, its your gi, your style allows it.. cool. enjoy.

I just like the minimalist, KISS kinda approach. no patches or an association patch perhaps.. other wise keep it plain and clean.
No problem. I love it. Part of what I like about BJJ is that the culture is very much about what you like. While in an IBJJF tournament, you can only wear white, blue or black, outside of that it's pretty much anything goes, provided that the gi is clean and functional.

Outside of the design, the gi is very well made. The pants are sturdy with reinforced stress points and double thick from the knee down to the shin. The jacket is lined with a rash guard material that wicks sweat, and the entire gi is very light. Not the lightest around, but right in there. Overall, it's a great gi that I'd recommend... and they make them in white, blue or black as well. :)

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No problem. I love it. Part of what I like about BJJ is that the culture is very much about what you like. While in an IBJJF tournament, you can only wear white, blue or black, outside of that it's pretty much anything goes, provided that the gi is clean and functional.

Outside of the design, the gi is very well made. The pants are sturdy with reinforced stress points and double thick from the knee down to the shin. The jacket is lined with a rash guard material that wicks sweat, and the entire gi is very light. Not the lightest around, but right in there. Overall, it's a great gi that I'd recommend... and they make them in white, blue or black as well. :)

actually more organizations are moving towards a standard "uniform" now.
Gracie Barra for example now has a requirement of a GB Gi. There are lots of reasons given, but I am sure that the recurring revenue is not among the least of them.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
actually more organizations are moving towards a standard "uniform" now.
Gracie Barra for example now has a requirement of a GB Gi. There are lots of reasons given, but I am sure that the recurring revenue is not among the least of them.
GB for sure, but what others?

I know that the GB guys around here all wear standard uniforms, but they're the only one. You're in SoCal, though. Right? You have a LOT more jiu jitsu in your area, so I'm sure you're more aware of the trends. Are some of the other big organizations moving to mandatory uniform designs?

We have the largest local tournament in the area coming up in a couple weeks. There will be over 300 competitors and they'll wear every color under the sun. :)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
like I said, if you like it, and its allowed go for it!

C Denny Run*

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sweet deal, I like it. The whole WW2 thing has always struck a cord with me for some reason. That's a great design!

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Steve what are the chances of getting a patch or a sticker of that graphic of the girl in the Gi? Even a digital file would be great. That's really cool. I love WWII planes in particular, hell I work with WWII planes. :)

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score