my interests

Daniela455

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Daniela and I love art, and recently I discovered a video that I would like to share with you. He is a Spanish painter who created a technique in the area of painting known as "abstract pointillism". It is Gabino Amaya Cacho and this technique consists basically of placing points on the canvas creating an abstract form for the viewer. I hope you like this video as much as I do!
However, I have decided that I want to learn martial arts, since I have a lot of time studying art and I would like to try something new. What do you recommend when you are a beginner?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recommend you pick a school near you turn up and go train. Doesn't matter what style just pick and try

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Forget about styles, find a school. Make a list of every school in the area, cross off the ones you can’t afford and the ones that conflict with your schedule. Visit the rest. Watch the teacher teach and watch the students train. The teacher and your classmates are the most important things, barring some extremely odd and wacked out cult-like style.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It really depends what you want to get out of it...

Is it for the artistic interpretation? If so, something like krav won't really suit.

Is it because you're bored of art and want to fight hard? Tai chi might not be the answer.

So, the style can be important...

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree with the above, jump in and see what is available around you. Find the best fit for you. And welcome to MartialTalk.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It really depends what you want to get out of it...

Is it for the artistic interpretation? If so, something like krav won't really suit.

Is it because you're bored of art and want to fight hard? Tai chi might not be the answer.

So, the style can be important...

Absolutely. And the OP isn’t really going to know the differences between schools and styles until she sees them for herself. And maybe she’s not looking for something like Kyokushin, but suddenly she sees them and people like her fighting hard in a no-nonsense bare knuckle kinda way and says “why the hell not? They’re doing it, so can I.”

Maybe not. :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Maximilien Luce's work. Some of it was Pointillist.
Concerning Martial Arts, find a system that works for you and own it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
All good advice above.

If you do visit schools, and then still have questions, come back and ask.

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome!

In order to start, you must find someplace that you can go to regularly. Make a list of your local area’s schools & call them, visit, & watch them. Ask questions, questions are important. It’s how you learn.

What medium are you interested in art. Drawing, painting, sculpture,etc..?

Latest Discussions