My dog Joie (Joy)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I'm permitted here, my wife & I put down our 15 years old dog, Joie (French for joy) last night. She's been a big part of my wife's life for a long time & my buddy for the last few years since we've been together. I think if you'd have told me how much I could be attached to a dog, I wouldn't have believed you. We truly loved that dog.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course you're allowed.

For you and your family:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your lose. For many of us (like you), pets are considered family.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
Of course you're allowed.

For you and your family:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I appreciate this a great deal, Kacey! Thank you.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your dog Iceman. Their loss is grieved as much as any other member of the family. My thoughts are with you and your wife. :asian:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Iceman. They become a part of the family fast! :asian:

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We've had our dog since she was 8 weeks old and she will be 13 years old soon. I'm not looking forward to that but she's really starting to show her age. Sorry to hear it.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm verry sorry for your loss. Many people without pets don't understand how devastating the loss of one can be.

Latest Discussions