My apointment

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last nigh I went to the dojan I want to retook TKD classses, the samboknim herd all my ideas and background and asked me to take a couple free lessons and then if liked stay.

Wow is almost 17 yeas since I step in the matt, I'm a little nervous, believe me, maybe I'm too happy don't know, but want to take TKD lessons again and gain stamina and do a lot of kicks.

It's going to be no easy, my muscles are not conditioned, I have overweigth,cero stamina, and 39 years over my back.

The sense is going to respect my dan and it' seems we are going working out 1 hour 3 times a week alone, only samboknim and I.

Please wish me luck and say a little payer for this fat guy who wants to fall in love with a martial art.

Manny

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enjoy! It sounds like all the pieces are in place - now all you have to do is show up. Let us know how it's going.

tkd_Jaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and welcome back to TKD. Good luck! Work hard but still have fun with it and you'll do just fine!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes wade, Spanish is my mother languaje and I speak an eclectic english. I do a lot of reading in english, a long time ago because of the martial arts magazines and since 1990 because of the firearms magazines. I love firearmas, shooting and hunting so maybe martiality is a very large part of me.

Manny

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Don't worry about age Manny, I'm 39 also and I'm having to work hard to get fit. You'll get your conditioning back and it looks like you've found a good subumnim to support you. Good luck with the training, and most importantly, have plenty of fun!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
All right folks, one week and a half in TKD classes and feeling great!! Yes the pain is in me but like it. Last friday we did some greco/roman wrestling and it was hard very hard, I did not win but I did not loose, I fight a lot and defend myself but my foe never could make me kiss the mat.

My arms,chest and back hurts but I feel great, I am working hard.

Sadly the dobok samboknim gave me with my membership does not feet me (and it's the largest size), so I will use my century gi (karategi) for some time till the dobok's dojan fits me.

BTW the name of the dojan is HWARANG TAE KWON DO, samboknim is a 7th degree Black Belt under WTF.

Manny

Latest Discussions