Multiple Compact Workouts During the Day

KageKat

White Belt
Reaction score
Good day fine sirs and ladies. I hope everyone is keeping well and safe. I only recently remembered that I am on this forum, so forgive me if I have been hiding.

Anyway, I was just curious: As someone who mostly works behind a computer at a desk all day, I try to squeeze in multiple small workouts during a day, containing exercises that work the ENTIRE body, within a limited space. Currently I do this a few times during the day:

• Bodyweight Hindu Squats/Regular Lunges (around 20 - 30)
  • Bodyweight Hindu Pushups (around 10 - 20)
  • Tabletop Back Bridge (around 30 - 60 seconds)
  • Hollow Body Hold (around 30 - 60 seconds)

In your opinion is this a good micro workout routine, or would you change/add/remove something?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's fine. But I don't think it should be your only workout of the day.

OP
K

KageKat

White Belt
Reaction score
It's fine. But I don't think it should be your only workout of the day.
Nope, I do proper, full workouts after the work day for half an hour to an hour. These are just quick micro workouts throughout the day while at work.

Last edited:
OP
K

KageKat

White Belt
Reaction score
If you had a chin up bar; chin ups are always a great way to increase strengh.
Sifu
Ha ha I wish, but these are quick, micro workouts I do at work during the day. Do proper full workouts after work.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our bodies were meant to move. Sit too long, bad.....sit for long times over extended periods very bad.

Koko

White Belt
Reaction score
That's great! Good job moving your body during the workday, especially when you do a "proper" workout in the evening! Personal training/fitness coaching literature actually recommends multiple small workouts during the day when long stretches aren't available. Now, I know very little about your situation and you individually, but my only suggestions would be any (all?!) of the below:
1. try to make sure you are up and walking/moving every hour if possible
2. get a standing desk/sit-stand desk so that you can stand much/most/all of the day
3. when you sit, do your sitting on a ball/wobble stool/even the floor for active sitting.
But truly, the fact that you are making sure you are moving multiple times throughout your desk-based workday, and also being sure you're getting your full workout after work, you are lightyears ahead of most folks out there. Way to go!

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get out and walk, maybe a light jog occasionally. Do a lap around the block. Good for the body, good for the mind, good for the soul.

Latest Discussions