Mr.lopez

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is very cool and shows what a powerhouse he and Elite are.

I understand there was a protest. Anyone have video of his gold medal match?

Miles

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
getting a gold is cool, but why would there be a protest and where is madrid

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Madrid is in spain and the protest is not clear yet news on it will be Monday at the earliest.

OP
J

JanneM

Greetings from Madrid.

Lopez went to extra round in semifinals againstg Spain. There was some kicks and Steven kickad Spanish guy clearly on leg (it was also shown on bigscreen meny times) but he was awarded with a poin and declared as a winner.
Spain made a protes that was accepted. U.S.A. made counter protest and it was also accepted.
Dumb *** Lopez(sorry) went to finals and won it. The final was clearly to Lopez but semis where BIG issue ion here.

I personally don`t like the style that Lopez fihgts but I think it is good strategy. ANy who he was not suposed to be awarded with a point in that sitsuation

OP
J

Jim Tindell

Hopefully we'll see some video. Sounds interesting.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Lopez family is an all around Taekwondo family, the brothers and lil sister included. They were in Sports Illustrated a few years back even before Steven won his first Olympic gold in Melbourne... R. :asian:

OP
J

JanneM

Got to admit.

Eaven I don't like the style Steven fight they must do something right. :)
Unfortunatly I had to leave from Madrid on sunday of the competitions so I didn't see his brother or sister fight.
Nuf respect to all the Lopez family.