Moving to San Antonio

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll be moving to San Antonio this month and am fairly open regarding course of studies. I was hoping for either a bujinkan dojo or a tai chi school (pretty different, I know) among other things to study at.

I know there is a Shaolin-Do school near where I'll probably be living that teaches tai chi, but I don't completely buy their backstory (for lack of a better term) and that brings other issues into question.

The bujinkan dojo that I found looks promising, but there's a little matter of what appears to be self-inflated rank but it could also be attributed to a webpage designer making a mistake. I may have asked about this school in a thread earlier this year, but I can't find it...

Suggestions, thoughts, corrections, etc are welcome.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't know of either in the area, but my wife and I are hoping to move to the area sometime next year. We'll have to do coffee or something then. :)

OP
stone_dragone

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll be moving to San Antonio this month and am fairly open regarding course of studies. I was hoping for either a bujinkan dojo or a tai chi school (pretty different, I know) among other things to study at.

Suggestions, thoughts, corrections, etc are welcome.

Yeah, I got your suggestion...right here!

Look up Sifu Gilbert Leal. He teaches Wing Chun and Tai Chi publicly, but he also has a background in Silat, and way back (in the 70's) did Shaolin. Google LealDragon. When you contact him, tell him his old Si-hing in Phoenix sent you. Good luck.

Franc0

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Look up a gent named Michael Blackgrave of SEAMOK. A blend of kali, silat, FMA's and good ol fashioned street *** kicking.

Franco

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That won't be a problem. There are plenty of martial arts schools teaching bujinkan dojo in San Antonio. I just can't recall the names and which of them are the best ones. For Tai chi there's Good Spirit and others.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose you could come over here? Our American exchange officer has done his time and is posted back to Kansas!

OP
stone_dragone

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't suppose you could come over here? Our American exchange officer has done his time and is posted back to Kansas!

Honestly that would be a dream job. I'm locked in for San Antonio, but I'm sure that it's not out of the realm of possibilities for the future!

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Spirit Warriors Dojo headed by Shihan Jay Hardy teaches Budo Taijutsu. They're not part of the bujinkan anymore, but they still teach full on Bujinkan budo taijutsu.

Latest Discussions