Mosquito Ringtone Adults can't hear

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard it. Pissed me right off, too. My cat heard it and looked at me as though to say, "stupid human, turn that **** off." I acquiesced because cats are superior life forms Flatlander. :p

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I heard it. Pissed me right off, too. My cat heard it and looked at me as though to say, "stupid human, turn that **** off." I acquiesced because cats are superior life forms Flatlander. :p

Huh- huh! Dogs are kinder, gentler, and they are more intelligent! They just don't like to flaunt their superiority, like the cats! :p

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
OKay...this is weird. I can hear this very high-pitched tone when I crank the speakers up to the highest volume. Not very irritating to me, though I can feel the insides of my ears buzzing a little. I'm at work right now, and I don't think anyone else can hear it. I replayed the sound several times, and no one has reacted.

I probably couldn't hear anything at home, because my speakers are older and emit a little static.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
Oh- my speakers don't work, so I didn't hear squat!
:lfao: Oh, is that why your dog didn't react? :lfao:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...I heard it this time..my daughter had headphones plugged into the computer this morning...didn't notice...heh.

However, my dog paid absolutely no attention at all. Go figure.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A high-pitched noise originally developed to keep teens from loitering has a new use. Since most adults cannot hear the noise, teens are now using it as a ringtone that only they can hear.

Full story here
and here

and here's the actual ringtone (I guess, I sure can't hear anything)

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I couldn't hear a thing either. I just tested it on my children (age 7 and 4). They confirmed that there is a buzzing sound coming from you sample.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Guess it's kind of official then: I am getting old :D :(

Damn, just noticed that this topic has been covered here previously. I really should read more thoroughly. Further proof that I am getting old

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
It just sounds like computer sounds or maybe I didn't hear it. But my puppy is practically sitting on my laptop half asleep and he didn't seem to hear it either, nor my other dog or my birds who always react. On the other hand, the high tone dog bark silencer gets their attention at the lowest setting and mine too, it is very annoying. But my husband can't hear that at all. TW

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
TimoS said:
Guess it's kind of official then: I am getting old :D :(

Damn, just noticed that this topic has been covered here previously. I really should read more thoroughly. Further proof that I am getting old

With speakers at work turned up I could hear it.

If i had it on my phone I would need the colume up. I couldnt hear it if the volume was low.

Latest Discussions