Mook Jong question

Rmada

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm about 50% into my first Jong build and need advice. How much play should i shoot for in the arms once its assembled?
The plans i have been following have the holes for the arms at 1.75 inches (square hole) but the arm slots call for 1.25 inches. I'm thinking this would produce a lot of slop and may be a miss print, so is there a "recommended" amount of movement or is it up to personal preference?

Any assistance appriciated, thanks!
AJ

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm about 50% into my first Jong build and need advice. How much play should i shoot for in the arms once its assembled?
The plans i have been following have the holes for the arms at 1.75 inches (square hole) but the arm slots call for 1.25 inches. I'm thinking this would produce a lot of slop and may be a miss print, so is there a "recommended" amount of movement or is it up to personal preference?

Any assistance appriciated, thanks!
AJ

Well, my first reaction is "have you asked your Sifu?"

Having said that, I've owned many jongs and IMO the arms should have some 'slop'. How much? I'd say approximately 1/4 inch on all sides. You should be able to "roll" the arm around all four corners (hope that makes sense).

Caveat: your Sifu may have some lineage-specific criteria regarding jong specs(?)...

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
^^^^ Agree with wckf92. 1/4 inch of "gap" all the way around the arms sounds about right.

OP
Rmada

Rmada

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good point, i probably should have asked him firstly. I didnt think about lineage differences either. Thanks!

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good point, i probably should have asked him firstly. I didnt think about lineage differences either. Thanks!

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes!

Latest Discussions