"Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp" July 14 - 17, 2011

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoyed the short bit I saw. Popped in for a few minutes to say hello while all the instructors were on the floor together.
I liked the screaming contest. Dan won. :) But no I didn't buy the dvd. ;)
What is German for "Duck"? Datu Dieter's disarms were wicked.
Loved watching that Ryan kid get turned into the alphabet.
I wish I could have stuck around longer but you know. After years of reading the bickering, it's good to read all the good things.
More pictures? Anyone got any video clips?

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
German for Duck is "Ente".
But why do you want to know this?

Thanks for the compliment about the disarming techniques.

Quote:
"But no I didn't buy the dvd. ;)"

You should have bought mine :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Datu, I think he's being silly, but is that 'duck' as in the bird, or 'duck' as in 'move your head out of the path of the stick before it hits you'?

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Datu, I think he's being silly, but is that 'duck' as in the bird, or 'duck' as in 'move your head out of the path of the stick before it hits you'?

OK, in this case the mirror did not "Duck" :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, in this case the mirror did not "Duck" :)

:roflmao:
Very true. Course I was thinking it'd be a good thing for any American's heading to Germany to know.
(Well, that and where it the toilet). :)

I'm still working through the shot from the camp. I've got too many good ones this year. :)

BrianZ

White Belt
Reaction score
I have attended many events over the past 30 years, most were very good, some were exceptional, very few were negative, and a few were simply inspirational . . . This Reunion Camp comes very close to taking the top spot . . . Many thanks to Tim, Janice, my wife Maria, all my fellow Instructors and most importantly, all of those that took the time to attend to share your interest and energy . . . Our Teacher is smiling down upon us . . .

Regards,

Brian Z.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
German for Duck is "Ente".
But why do you want to know this?

Thanks for the compliment about the disarming techniques.

Quote:
"But no I didn't buy the dvd. ;)"

You should have bought mine :)

I was, but the compliment is sincere.
I had to pick on Mr. Anderson though given our earlier exchange.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith said it was important to know for Americans traveling to your camp next year.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wo ist das bier?
Danke. :drinkbeer

30 minutes later

Wo ist die Toilette? :toilclaw::mrtoilet:

What? ok I'll shut up now. Are there going to be Saturday and Sunday write ups?
:hmm:

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm still writing up Saturday's notes, I had to leave on Sunday so I don't have for then. I'll post a write up in the next day or so.

Mark

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Mark, if you have a sec, could you PM me the instructor order? I'm still organizing the pics and it'll help greatly so I get things in the right order :)

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob

Check your PM. I listed the instructors in order that I have them in my notes. Including the Round Robin teaching in the order I have that as well. I was missing some of the instructors on the Round Robin teaching Mrs. Foreman, the lady with her and GM Van Browning, and maybe some on the 2nd series of Round Robin teaching Saturday night.

Dieter

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mark,

I send you a PN and an email.
If you did not ge this, please send me a mail

Thanks

Dieter

terleckt

White Belt
Reaction score
I can try to give a little write up for Thursday and Sunday.
After about a 6 hour drive, we got there in time to register and do a little stretching before Datu Tim's orientation. I was tired but very excited to start training. Datu Dieter started the camp off with some disarms. I was very impressed with how fast he was with the sticks. He let us practice just long enough to get the technique down, then moved on with something else.
Master Zawilinski showed some very practical defense moves. I liked how he started with one thing and built on it. He was very good at explaining the technique and why he does it that way.
By the time Sunday came around, there were quite a few people who left.
I have had the pleasure of training with Master Parson's before, and it's always a good time. Master Parson's ended his teaching with some locks. That was the part that I concentrated on. Master Parson's gets right to the point. Will always be one of my favorites! :)
Master Zawilinski once again had some very practical techniques. I will not forget to "answer the phone". His self defense techniques are something I can see myself using and putting into my training.
We ended the day with Datu Dieter and some finger locks. Datu came around and was making sure everyone was getting the techniques correctly.
My overall experience with the camp was great. I learned some different ways to apply some techniques and have been using them in class. I got a chance to meet some instructors that I have heard about and meet some new people.
The instructors were very helpful. I was impressed by some that were taking other classes.
The one that made the biggest impression on me was Datu Dieter. I hope that he comes back sometime so that I can train with him again!!
Thank you to Datu Tim for putting on a great camp!!

Latest Discussions