mixing religion & MA

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
there was another thread that touched on some instructors' desire to incorporate the christian faith in their school. that is all well & good so long as it is done up front. but i got thinking about all the marketing opportunities that other religions are missing out on. below are a few ideas:

valhalla MMA: a place for odinists & heathens to learn how to subdue their enemies should their axe break from dealing one too many a mighty blow.

mohammed's house of judo & jujitsu: seperate classes for men & women. special gi's with attached face covers for the ladies.

school of punjabi-stabby: knife fighting for sikhs. self-explanatory.

authentic krav maga: offering this art is a real mitzvah but, oy, why so expensive?

we'll just start a running club for buddhists, since they're pacifists.

the above was all in fun, hope nobody's upset :)

jf

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was another thread that touched on some instructors' desire to incorporate the christian faith in their school. that is all well & good so long as it is done up front. but i got thinking about all the marketing opportunities that other religions are missing out on. below are a few ideas:

valhalla MMA: a place for odinists & heathens to learn how to subdue their enemies should their axe break from dealing one too many a mighty blow.

Berzerker Martial Arts.

mohammed's house of judo & jujitsu: seperate classes for men & women. special gi's with attached face covers for the ladies.

Chinese Muslim MArtial Arts

school of punjabi-stabby: knife fighting for sikhs. self-explanatory.

Gatka! -I think Brian Van Cise has some video posted somewhere on here......

we'll just start a running club for buddhists, since they're pacifists.

I was tempted to post about Shaolin or SHorinji kenpo, but, since it's all in fun,: The Marathon Monks of Mt. Hiei

Seems as though there's nothing new under the sun........:lfao:

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
all well & good elder, but let's get down to business: how do we market it here in america?

jf

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
all well & good elder, but let's get down to business: how do we market it here in america?

jf

Well, which one?

I mean, they're all already here-you should talk to them about marketing.....

.....though the Sikhs might do well if they replaced the kirpan with a holy .45-people would be lining up! :lol:

(Maybe that's an idea-start a new religion-with martial arts, and guns....)

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
bring the head of a frost giant to my ale-hall, then we'll talk.

hail.

jf

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Market the Beserker MA group heavily in AV clubs, LARP communities, D&D meetings, and Metallica concerts?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sword of the Lord Christian Martial Arts: Learn how to smite them hip and thigh and several other theologically significant places. Cross-hilts only.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sword of the Lord Christian Martial Arts: Learn how to smite them hip and thigh and several other theologically significant places. Cross-hilts only.

Don't forget "dividing bone and marrow, soul and spirit." "With weapons of righteousness in the right hand and the left."

Latest Discussions