Michigan peeps - In a bind, need help in the next couple of hours...

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to pull my hair out since I can't find this gift that our fellow poster's (SethG) wife wants for her birthday.

I'm going to be in Troy tonight for her birthday. She specifically said she wantd a pair of Tonfa. I can't find any locally in the the greater Bay City, Saginaw, Midland areas and my next place to look is down by Troy. Who can help me out here? *stressing...*

(Sorry, mods if this is in the worng area.)

OP
Dalum

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, Clare is a bit out of the way. :( Thanx for the tip tho!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take I-75 south to I-475 through Flint. Get off at the Atherton Road Exit or the next one just a half mile after it (* Bristol *). The service road is one way South called Grand Traverse. Depending upon which exit you take, it is either two or three lights down, and make a left onto Bristle Road. You will know when as on the right hand side is a Chatolic Church, and on the Far right hand corner is a Speedway gas station, and if you go straight you will be back onto I-475 South. So go left, to the next major road Saginaw. Turn Right and then turn into Rocky's Sporting goods. They might have something, they used to have old army navy stuff in there years ago.

If not I cannot think of a place that is open along the way in Flint.

To get back onto the expressway. Go back West on Bristol road to I-475 and then turn left, and it will merge back into I-75 on your way south to Troy.

Good Luck

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a martial arts supply store in Fraser on 14 Mile and
Garfield-little farther East and South than Troy.

Miles

OP
Dalum

Dalum

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Take I-75 south to I-475 through Flint. Get off at the Atherton Road Exit or the next one just a half mile after it (* Bristol *). The service road is one way South called Grand Traverse. Depending upon which exit you take, it is either two or three lights down, and make a left onto Bristle Road. You will know when as on the right hand side is a Chatolic Church, and on the Far right hand corner is a Speedway gas station, and if you go straight you will be back onto I-475 South. So go left, to the next major road Saginaw. Turn Right and then turn into Rocky's Sporting goods. They might have something, they used to have old army navy stuff in there years ago.

If not I cannot think of a place that is open along the way in Flint.

To get back onto the expressway. Go back West on Bristol road to I-475 and then turn left, and it will merge back into I-75 on your way south to Troy.

Good Luck

Man, I just missed them. With the wonders of technology and GoogleLocal ;) I got their phone number. They closed at 5. It's like 10 after now. I'm just going to order from my wholesaler in Cali then give it to her later. Thanks for the help you guys.

Paul, nice meeting you on the phone. Sorry it was sorta cut short.

Latest Discussions