Men in Skirts

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been seeing these around for a few years now. Interesting idea, but how many do they think they'll sell at the prices they are charging?

Jeff

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about Utility Panty Hose for those cold days?

:grin+duck:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I saw this thread yesterday but really didn't have anything to say. Kilts..eh. I don't get it.

However, I did have a dream about a friend I have in Tennessee training MA in a kilt. It was green plaid. LOL! (no..it wasn't *that* kind of dream :p). I forgot about it til I saw this thread again. heh

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, $125 for a man-skirt. I may have Scottish and Irish as ancestors, but there is no way you are going to get me to wear a kilt.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, $125 for a man-skirt. I may have Scottish and Irish as ancestors, but there is no way you are going to get me to wear a kilt.
Aye, I've Irish ancestors as well but ye t'ain't gonna see me a wearing on' o' those things... especially not without a pair of briefs under it. Heeee!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aye, I've Irish ancestors as well but ye t'ain't gonna see me a wearing on' o' those things... especially not without a pair of briefs under it. Heeee!

Wear bike shorts underneath... please. We want to preserve our eyes and mind.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If I ruled the world: ALL men would be required to wear a kilt at least once a week! Don't think I've ever met a Scotsman that doesn't look good in a kilt...... :ultracool

some of those models are great: wonder if they'll ever do MA ones? perhaps silk muay thai ones or heavy cotton gi-type material...?

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Figured that title would be provocative enough to get some lookers . . .

Opinions on Utility Kilts?

see here: www.utilikilts.com
My opinion? I think that the wearing of a kilt by a man for the purpose of honouring heritage, such as when marching to or when playing pipes and drums, or when attending Scottish events, is appropriate. I believe that all other uses are an exuse to dress like a woman. Really, what possible utility is there in wearing a kilt? There were pictures on that site of people blacksmithing and doing carpentry and stuff - I would think that a woman wearing a skirt doing those things would be silly too. It just isn't practical.

No, traditionally, men wear pants. If they want to wear a skirt, why restrict it to kilts? Why not an evening gown when out for supper? An evening gown looks so much more elegant and formal, and is therefore much more appropriate at that type of function, rather than a tuxedo kilt, as illustrated on the website.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever met a Scotsman that doesn't look good in a kilt...... :ultracool

Aye Aye! I think Scotmen look mighty fine in kilts indeed. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I ruled the world: ALL men would be required to wear a kilt at least once a week! Don't think I've ever met a Scotsman that doesn't look good in a kilt...... :ultracool

Ye donna want ta see me inna kilt...Ye'd have nightmares..Before I picked up all this weight from being off the smokes for 2 years I' might have thought about it, always like to do things that was a departure from the norm..

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a kilt back from when I spent about a month and a half with the Gordon Highlanders. Great troops! And the damn thing is pretty warm too.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have a kilt back from when I spent about a month and a half with the Gordon Highlanders. Great troops! And the damn thing is pretty warm too.

That is cool! I have to get one with the Gordon plaid one of these days, not to wear, but to show the family colors. Hence my MT "name" Bydand is the old Gordon family motto from way back.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bydand stands for "abiding"

There have been several mottos throughout the long, sometimes checkered history of the Gordons. But, that one is short enough to use as a user name. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

some of those models are great:

Since I am not a Scots nor a model would the rule apply to me????

Latest Discussions