Meditation & Power

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you meditate do you believe your meditation helps with the power & speed of your kicks and hands and if so in what way has it helped you?
Terry

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you meditate do you believe your meditation helps with the power & speed of your kicks and hands and if so in what way has it helped you?
Terry

I don't believe it adds any power to my punches and kicks per se, that aside, it does aid greatly in relaxation for me, which as a result may add a little zip to them. As I said though, I don't believe meditation in itself automatically increases power though.

Meditation is incredible and has many benefits if done correctly, and practiced regularly. There are many different ways of doing it, which lead to many different benefits, I use it more for allowing my mind to switch off. Even if it's for just a few minutes, that's enough for me. Great question though. :cool:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't believe it adds any power to my punches and kicks per se, that aside, it does aid greatly in relaxation for me, which as a result may add a little zip to them. As I said though, I don't believe meditation in itself automatically increases power though.

Meditation is incredible and has many benefits if done correctly, and practiced regularly. There are many different ways of doing it, which lead to many different benefits, I use it more for allowing my mind to switch off. Even if it's for just a few minutes, that's enough for me. Great question though. :cool:

Thank Kensai here is a question for you, you said that you believe it makes you a bit quicker, well does not quickness bring more power from kicks and punches so in essence it will bring increase power.
Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply
Terry

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Terry

I imagine that meditation would help in learning to relax the muscles and the ability to relax the antagonistic muscles in a kick or punch is probably key in adding quickness and power to such strikes.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that it helps me relax. I am big on visualization, it helps me a lot for the whole snap and pop while doing poomse.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank Kensai here is a question for you, you said that you believe it makes you a bit quicker, well does not quickness bring more power from kicks and punches so in essence it will bring increase power.
Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply
Terry

Perhaps, but quicker doesn't ALWAYS equate to more powerful. I've got people in my class that move like lightning, yet that speed isn't automatically increase their power. I DO think that it serves to relax the individual, and perhaps if anything allows a greater level of sub-conscious consciousness if that's not too much of a paradox? A greater level of awareness and reaction, due to a more relaxed state?

Just my take mate. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course, meditation increases both speed and power; however, the bennefit from say ten hours of meditation would be less than the bennefit of hard work and training for the same time period.
Sean

Latest Discussions