Mayweather vs McGregor

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really dont know why some people are not aware of the fact that this is all about money.

Well thats obvious, in order to get paid though you have to "PERFORM" and be at the very best of your craft for the bigger picture and more money!

Pro Fighting is a profession like any other......................... "HARD - WORK"!

conor-quote-on-obsession.png

10919754_586014668200360_1179873487_n.jpg

They are high risk professions due to possible death being unarmed combat sports where blows and strike to the head can cause brain injury and trauma etc

Last edited:

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well thats obvious, in order to get paid though you have to "PERFORM" and be at the very best of your craft for the bigger picture and more money!

Pro Fighting is a profession like any other......................... "HARD - WORK"!

They are high risk professions due to possible death being unarmed combat sports where blows and strike to the head can cause brain injury and trauma etc

Yes I quite aware of that. So are you one of them or just a fan?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well it seems to have been the,richest fight in history. The ppv figure are,6 and a half million at a,100 dollars a pop, plus the gate and merchandise.

so i wouldn't bet against either a rematch or CM verses another big name boxer, and then a rematch, if he,doesn't gas out this time

Last edited:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
well it seems to have been the,richest fight in history. The ppv figure are,6 and a half million at a,100 dollars a pop, plus the gate and merchandise.

so i wouldn't bet against either a rematch or CM verses another big name boxer, and then a rematch, if he,doesn't gas out this time
That fight was $100? No wonder why I haven't watched boxing nor any other PPV in decades.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I found this by Googling - what John Kavanagh's plans are for his prize fighter Conor McGregor.

He said in an Irish new paper after MAYMAC fight that Conor wont be fighting this year as they take a 10 month break.

They plan to get back into work soon after a small break and learn more techniques and go longer rounds to improve cardio and better prepare Conor for whatever may come.

All very good and is what I was hoping for - I believe in this guy.

Conor needs to work and study more on his art and types of fighting and correct any issues he has by analyzing his tactics.

I also read he cleared 160 Million $$$$ green smacks LoL

So yep he needs to work more on boxing and martial arts on practical and theoretical understanding and smooth out any issuess before entering any fight.

Then he also need to apply to be "Adaptable" in fight and not get hungry for that knock out but wait for the opportunity to do it. imho

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

It was a $100 in the US.

PPV prices vary from country to country. And I believe the 6.5 million was global.

Still a huge payoff though.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
He said in an Irish new paper after MAYMAC fight that Conor wont be fighting this year as they take a 10 month break.

They plan to get back into work soon after a small break and learn more techniques and go longer rounds to improve cardio and better prepare Conor for whatever may come.

Sounds more like they are gonna sit back and see who dangles the biggest payoff.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sounds more like they are gonna sit back and see who dangles the biggest payoff.

Do you honestly really believe that, it would be better for him now to quit fighting and concentrate on his business investments that are generating enough money as is.

He will study and practice new methods and increase his performance because he loves this as his chosen career and yes of course the money is the influence also but his drive to be the best fighter is his ambition.

Point is he can leave this business if he wants to and the way he has been treated by the community I wouldn't blame him.

Will wait and see....................... ;)

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you honestly really believe that, it would be better for him now to quit fighting and concentrate on his business investments that are generating enough money as is.

Absolutely.

He is a savy businessman and if the right deal comes in front of him he will jump on it.

I would imagine that statement about training new techniques and cardio....is just a subtle way of saying that he is keeping his options open until he gets the deal he wants....But he and his team are smart enough to know to keep striking while the anvil is hot.

He has all the leverage right now. UFC is between the rock and hard place.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Absolutely.

He is a savy businessman and if the right deal comes in front of him he will jump on it.

I would imagine that statement about training new techniques and cardio....is just a subtle way of saying that he is keeping his options open until he gets the deal he wants....But he and his team are smart enough to know to keep striking while the anvil is hot.

He has all the leverage right now. UFC is between the rock and hard place.

Although I respect you as the person but I dont agree with you in how you worded the above.

He doesn't have to return if his contract is expired with UFC if its not then he simply has to finish his term with a few fights and his gone into the wind.

How is UFC between a rock and hard place, never their will always be those that want it because they either love martial arts or have no other choice due to economical circumstances or have no other skills or education.

UFC is an open door to oher things hence guys like Conor.

The Boxing business will remain so will the UFC and the Martial Arts business, thats fact.

Public opinion may want change but fighters have to prove it can change and thats a big task for many fighters also with time constraints between fights weight class etc

The Conor vs Floyd fight was put together in a few months personally it should have been planned for more like a 10-12 month so Conor can specialize more on that being Boxing.

Again this is all public "Speculation" time will tell now what happens............... so we wait............................

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
I found this by Googling - what John Kavanagh's plans are for his prize fighter Conor McGregor.

All very good and is what I was hoping for - I believe in this guy.

Conor needs to work and study more on his art and types of fighting and correct any issues he has by analyzing his tactics.

I also read he cleared 160 Million $$$$ green smacks LoL

So yep he needs to work more on boxing and martial arts on practical and theoretical understanding and smooth out any issuess before entering any fight.

Then he also need to apply to be "Adaptable" in fight and not get hungry for that knock out but wait for the opportunity to do it. imho
If he's taking a 10 month break they seriously need to strip him of the title. It's already been a year since he won it and had 0 defences if he waits 10 months then by the time ones scheduled and by the time it happens it could be closer to 2 years without a real title fight

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well consider we are approaching Christmas event right and if the UFC announces say a fight in mid Jan to mid Feb they will need a few months on that so all in total maybe between May, June or July next year being 2018

Also Conor has been suspended for two months by the IBC for foul blows using Rabbit punches to Floyd's head and also probably advised not to fight due to technical knock out for two months also and Dana is probably agreeing give things a rest for now with all the public negativity around Conor so on.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well consider we are approaching Christmas event right and if the UFC announces say a fight in mid Jan to mid Feb they will need a few months on that so all in total maybe between May, June or July next year being 2018

Also Conor has been suspended for two months by the IBC for foul blows using Rabbit punches to Floyd's head and also probably advised not to fight due to technical knock out for two months also and Dana is probably agreeing give things a rest for now with all the public negativity around Conor so on.
i wasn't aware the public was negative to him, quite the contary he did a lot better than most expected and he carries a big wave of support into the fight

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well if you weren't aware you weren't following the sequence of events in his career.

There are Fans and Haters of Conor believing he is all fake.

Hence the creation of his T-Shirt to prove the point..........................

.............;)...............

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thinking about tonight's fight card, I bet mighty mouse would be an excellent boxer. I don't think he'd have any trouble with his cardio, either.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thinking about tonight's fight card, I bet mighty mouse would be an excellent boxer. I don't think he'd have any trouble with his cardio, either.
Yeah shame he's not fighting tonight he's easily the best p4p and one of the most exciting

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
How is UFC between a rock and hard place, never their will always be those that want it because they either love martial arts or have no other choice due to economical circumstances or have no other skills or education.

Because their biggest ppv draw holds all the cards to when and if he comes back.

It is not a secret that UFC is struggling to find guys that can sell PPVs, stay healthy, and/or pass drug screens.

UFC needs Conor way more than Conor needs the UFC.

He has leverage....UFC is between a rock and a hard spot.

And Bellator is slowly coming on.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad I looked at the card before forking out an money in the ppv.

Yeah I'm sitting this one out as well.

Waiting on Garbrandt v Dillashaw......That's gonna be a good one.

Latest Discussions