CBS Sports Journalist Bashes MMA

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the way Mayweather was talking he'd be happy to have it under MMA rules, very vain guy is Mayweather he also said that people do MMA because they cant compete in boxing.

Out of curiosity, does he have any type of MMA training aside from boxing? IE: Grappling, kicking skills, etc.

we'll have to see how the whole thing pans out, to be honest I cant see Mayweathers promoters letting it happen theres to much to lose with nothing to gain......if it did though.....wow!

I agree. Most likely it won't happen. I recall a while back Ralph Gracie challenged Roy Jones Jr. Then again, money talks, so who knows...if the price is right.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does one need perfect boxing form to be effective? Given the different rule set, does it even make sense?

I'm also laughing a little bit about some of the comments about how poor MMA guys box. Thats only one aspect of the fighting. It's an important one, but there are effective fighters that don't really box at all, with the exception of setting up the takedown. Western boxing also does not have the patent on punching. There are varients of styles/forms that are still effective.

It's kind of like a a guy specializing in shot-put being so proud he can out throw a decathalete. So what if you can? Can you also toss a javelin as good? High jump just as good? how about your hurdles?

My thoughts exactly. 2 different animals, 2 different rule sets. IMHO, it seems like we have people (Mayweather) making uneducated assumptions of MMA.

Mike

Latest Discussions