MartialTalk and the COVID-19 Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If we have a vaccine that has gone through reliable protocols and is deemed safe, getting vaccinated is simply the right thing to do. Some people are already talking about how they won't take a vaccine at all, or that they will wait until they see whether it 'works' or not. I have nothing but scorn for anyone who sits on the sideline and waits for others to do the right thing, and I just hope that enough folks do the right thing to save these idiots from themselves, or at least keep their stupidity from infecting the rest of the country.
I'm one of those people who will wait.before taking the Vaccine. I don't have problems with Vaccines. I'm just cautious about a Vaccine for a virus that they are still learning about and I'm concerned that the Vaccine development has been rushed. I keep hearing "Emergency Use" which has the feel that something isn't complete, but the company has permissions to use it as an emergency.

I would rather they follow the normal process. I look at how many side effects that medicine has after years of development, now we are going to skip additional years of development for emergency use? That's what doesn't sit well for me. All through my life, I've seen things go bad because someone, or some organization Rushed things.

For me there is a difference between picking up the pace and rushing to complete something. I'm fine with picking up the pace, but I really do not trust Rush Jobs.
Even in a medical emergency when everyone is in a hurry. That's fine. But don't rush. Mistakes usually happen when people Rush. I understand the business side of this as well where companies are also racing to be First to Market. That bothers me as well to.

We know that it's possible to greatly reduce the infection rate, we just need to do what's needed to accomplish that so that a quality vaccine can be developed.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for some. We talk about resistance training all the time here. The logic is simple. "if you don't resist then it's easier to get hit." In the case of Covid-19 the question for every person becomes "What am I doing to to reduce the opportunities for infection?" or "What am I doing to prevent the spread?"

If the answer answer is nothing then the it should be clear why it peaks. If the answer is a number of thing done to reduce the opportunity, then we should naturally see a decrease.

Attachments

• certain death.jpg
    certain death.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 117

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for some. We talk about resistance training all the time here. The logic is simple. "if you don't resist then it's easier to get hit." In the case of Covid-19 the question for every person becomes "What am I doing to to reduce the opportunities for infection?" or "What am I doing to prevent the spread?"

If the answer answer is nothing then the it should be clear why it peaks. If the answer is a number of thing done to reduce the opportunity, then we should naturally see a decrease.
upload_2020-11-23_23-8-9.png
but i am training against resistance to fight the virus

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
what do you mean by sustainable level,,, ,

its the economics of lock down that isnt sustainable,
Sustainable as in manageable. Able to get control of things when outbreaks occur. When it reaches higher numbers and unknown sources/mystery cases etc, it can escalate rapidly. And sustainable as in keeping things at a level which the economy can still be okay.

Keeping things there means we WON'T bounce in and out of lockdowns.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
the other problem is two out of the three vacines are live vacines, now live vactines are ok as lobg as you dont have a compremised immune syatem, in which case its more or less guaranteeing you get the disease, there were thousands and thoysabds of people vacibated agaibst polio, that went to to be crippledby the,disease, that they wouldnt otherwise have contracted

now its may seem obvious to state that the people most at risk from covid are those with comprmised immune system who are the very ones who shouldnt be given a live vacine

im not sure this factor will feature heavily, in which vacine is choosen and who gets it

I don't really know what to say to that. I'm sure there are always going to be issues regardless. But you'd think these issues of a compromised immune system and vaccine response would be taken into account, seeing as though as a priority these vaccines are going to be most beneficial for the high risk population.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sustainable as in manageable. Able to get control of things when outbreaks occur. When it reaches higher numbers and unknown sources/mystery cases etc, it can escalate rapidly. And sustainable as in keeping things at a level which the economy can still be okay.

Keeping things there means we WON'T bounce in and out of lockdowns.
but we will bounce in and out of lock down, i know this cause the uk keeps bouncing in and out of lock down

at the moment circa 1 million uk nationals have the virus, that it seems is manageable and sustainable of couse a million students are about to go home for Christmas, so i expects that to go up somewhat

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That picture didn't make sense to me either. The US military and US government made tons of errors in WWWII. We literally just threw bodies at stuff.

View attachment 23339but i am training against resistance to fight the virus
That picture doesn't make sense to me. Being that there were healthy people like who died or who suffered badly.

Coronavirus survivor shares shocking weight loss pictures - CNN Video

According to this page this guy died of Covid Source: https://see.news/rambo-iraqi-coronavirus-bodybuilder-death-infections/
Iraqi-Rambo.jpg

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That picture didn't make sense to me either. The US military and US government made tons of errors in WWWII. We literally just threw bodies at stuff.

That picture doesn't make sense to me. Being that there were healthy people like who died or who suffered badly.

Coronavirus survivor shares shocking weight loss pictures - CNN Video

According to this page this guy died of Covid Source: https://see.news/rambo-iraqi-coronavirus-bodybuilder-death-infections/
Iraqi-Rambo.jpg

but only a tiny fraction of one% are people who look like that. healthy people have heart attacks and blood clots on the brain etal, you wouldn't say that they should stop being healthy to avoid early death would you

the people most at risk have compromised immune systems, if you compromise your own immune system then your increasing your risk

i dont even get colds, ive never had the flu, i still have my tonsils and appendix, i cant remember the last time i was sick, maybe when i had the measles at 4 ive not spent a night in hospital, other than one night after a a car crash since i left at three days old

youve got to work your immune system or it wont work when you need it

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
but only a tiny fraction of one% are people who look like that. healthy people have heart attacks and blood clots on the brain etal, you wouldn't say that they should stop being healthy to avoid early death would you

the people most at risk have compromised immune systems, if you compromise your own immune system then your increasing your risk
I don't know what you are talking about here. I've nothing close to "You wouldn't say that they should stop being healthy to avoid early death ..." The point of me showing the pictures is to show that healthy people are also greatly affected by the virus as well.

If it wasn't for the medical professional, Cov-19 would have claimed many more people.

i dont even get colds, ive never had the flu, i still have my tonsils and appendix, i cant remember the last time i was sick, maybe when i had the measles at 4

youve got to work your immune system
This probably has more to do with your DNA and less to do about you working your immune system. Even thought that is the case, it's no guarantee that Covid-19 wouldn't be one of the worse experiences in your life.

Personally I have yet to hear anyone who has had Covid-19 share the same thoughts that you have about it. They often say the opposite. But I find a lot of people who haven't had Covid -19 make the same assumptions that you are currently making.

But if you feel like you want to test your DNA and that you are one of the few then that's your choice. There are some people who thought the same. There are some people who think just like you and many of them are Currently in the Mid USA.

Just a little perspective on some things you may not be aware of.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know what you are talking about here. I've nothing close to "You wouldn't say that they should stop being healthy to avoid early death ..." The point of me showing the pictures is to show that healthy people are also greatly affected by the virus as well.

If it wasn't for the medical professional, Cov-19 would have claimed many more people.

This probably has more to do with your DNA and less to do about you working your immune system. Even thought that is the case, it's no guarantee that Covid-19 wouldn't be one of the worse experiences in your life.

Personally I have yet to hear anyone who has had Covid-19 share the same thoughts that you have about it. They often say the opposite. But I find a lot of people who haven't had Covid -19 make the same assumptions that you are currently making.

But if you feel like you want to test your DNA and that you are one of the few then that's your choice. There are some people who thought the same. There are some people who think just like you and many of them are Currently in the Mid USA.

Just a little perspective on some things you may not be aware of.
healthy people are effected vy heart attCks as well, just not very many of them. just like not many healthy people die of covid , just a very few, but as your not healthy, you do perhaps need to worry, and the nore you issolate yourself and spash santizer every where the more you need to worry

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alfano-Ercolano2020_Article_TheEfficacyOfLockdownAgainstCO.pdf

"Our results show that lockdown is efective in reducing the number of new cases in the countries that implement it, compared with those countries that do not. This is especially true around 10 days after the implementation of the policy. Its efcacy continues to grow up to 20 days after implementation."

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
then what happens ? it goes up again perhaps?

The Goal is to keep the numbers down, so we do not over run the hospitals.
When the hospitals are full, covid and non covid patients can not be cared for properly and people die.
There is a limited number of Doctors and nurses, they can only work so many 16 hour days.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
taling about correlation, i see the rate has jumped dramatically since trump lost,,, just saying
Oh give it time. Someone in the news will claim Trump was suppressing numbers before long. If our hallowed government, the CDC and WHO are so almighty that is virtually impossible.

I have not bashed anyone about whether they choose to take a vaccine right away or not like certain people have (@Steve). And some people wonder why others think they are just a stupid ash button pusher. If you truly believe the numbers do not lie look at the total deaths year to year. Very simple and very telling data.
Resistance it something we have fought since the beginning of modern medicine. Our bodies are incredible machines that are designed to self sustain/heal and are intuitive. Or they are culled out. That is just the hard reality of things.
Throwing something unnecessary into the mix just asking to screws things up.

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh give it time. Someone in the news will claim Trump was suppressing numbers before long. If our hallowed government, the CDC and WHO are so almighty that is virtually impossible.

I have not bashed anyone about whether they choose to take a vaccine right away or not like certain people have (@Steve). And some people wonder why others think they are just a stupid ash button pusher. If you truly believe the numbers do not lie look at the total deaths year to year. Very simple and very telling data.
Resistance it something we have fought since the beginning of modern medicine. Our bodies are incredible machines that are designed to self sustain/heal and are intuitive. Or they are culled out. That is just the hard reality of things.
Throwing something unnecessary into the mix just asking to screws things up.

I agree deciding to take the vaccine is a very personal decision.
IMO we should not pressure people on this subject.
IMO I feel people who do not wear mask are selfish.
Wearing a mask will not hurt your body.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a tough comparison when you consider the difference in population. If my math was right infection rate difference is only about .3%.
Plus there has to be some factor for New Zealand being an island country I would think.

Part of my larger point.

The Killer Clown from Space there is from UK, I believe, an island country about the size of the state of Oregon if I'm not mistaken......

Last edited:

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
1000 caregivers in Cleveland are sick or in quarantine.
Shortages in hospital staff in the state of Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions