Martial Arts Nick Names

R

RCastillo

Kaith, and J Denz were given the mob name, "Da Buffalo Bunch" by me!:)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
most of my friends outside of martial arts, (and now some in as well) all call me "kung fu". I didn't like it at first, but its one of those that has stuck, and its hard to stop it from spreading.

The other ones can't be repeated.

:)
7sm

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

In karate, a few people call me by the name "Squishy." It all started when a group of four of us in the dojo did a Mortal Combat Martial Arts skit. It's really cool. Well, my best friend, Sheila, who is also in my dojo (but wasn't in the skit) watched the skit one day during practice before it was shown at a huge belt promotion. One of the moves was where I roll out towards another person and he would do a foward breakfall over me. Afterwards, I asked her how it was and she replied, "Vicky, we're gonna need some band aids in case he falls on you...my little SQUISHY!!!!!" And the name has stuck with me ever since. Not that many people in the dojo know of this nickname, but those people in the skit, and Sheila of course, call me Squishy.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by theletch1
And now they just call you "full of Bull!!":rofl:
((goes to put on steel cup for boot to the groin))

I was called Stretch by my old instructor... hated it.
You will pay for that :rofl:
Anyone that has sparred me can tell you why I had the nick name.....

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will pay for that

I kinda figured I might. I just couldn't resist the one liner though. I went to put my steel cup on until I see ya. In the mean time maybe I can direct your ire elsewhere:D Did anyone here have the nick name "Scapegoat" by any chance?

M

MartialArtsChic

Originally posted by Shodan
Some of my classmates and students in one of the old dojos I went to nick named me "Gumby".........they said it was cuz of my flexibility at the time!!

Ditto. They called me that for the longest time. They really don't do it much anymore.

I never got a stuffed Gumby either. :(

MartialArtsChic

G

Greg Chapman

they call me ferret because of my flexibility and i can wriggle out of most things, i dont know if its a nice nickname though as they look like rats and i am a handsome bloke!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was in the service, they took my last name and made it a nickname..."Scotty". (My Dad had the nickname too when he was in the Marine Corps during WWII.)

Our Comm officer, knowing I was in martial arts, called me "Scotty Karate".

When a kid in my classes sneezes, I tell him he's doing "Snotty Karate."

Regards,

Steve Scott

Latest Discussions