Martial arts in Thailand

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm planning a trip to Thailand this summer. I have a brownblack belt in taekwondo and a brownblack belt in hapkido.

I would love to go to a chill Island where I could practise a style like aikido, hapkido or aikijitsu. You know anything of those joint lock styles.

I can't unfortunately train in muay thai or mma because my joints are too banged up.

Please share your experiences!!

OSS

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, , your joints are in bad condition so you can't do a boxing style so instead you want to get thrown on the ground and and have all your arm, wrist and shoulder joints twisted and bent backwards?

OP
nicerdicer

nicerdicer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Let me get this straight, , your joints are in bad condition so you can't do a boxing style so instead you want to get thrown on the ground and and have all your arm, wrist and shoulder joints twisted and bent backwards?

This is not the point of the post, i know what i can do. So I'm gona quote an old saying it goes like: "kill yourself you faggot"

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm planning a trip to Thailand this summer. I have a brownblack belt in taekwondo and a brownblack belt in hapkido.

I would love to go to a chill Island where I could practise a style like aikido, hapkido or aikijitsu. You know anything of those joint lock styles.

I can't unfortunately train in muay thai or mma because my joints are too banged up.

Please share your experiences!!

OSS
If you have bad joints then training any type of joint lock system is going to make your joint issues worse. If I had bad joints then I would want to train Muay Thai. From what I've seen of Hapkido practice in the U.S. it doesn't look hard on the joints.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
This is not the point of the post, i know what i can do. So I'm gona quote an old saying it goes like: "kill yourself you faggot"

Being unnecessarily rude like this might not be the best way to get people to help you.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Excuse me,,,we don't tolerate posts like that. I will respond before the moderator bans you.
You may know your self but you have never studied aikido or aiki jujitsu. These styles can be very hard on the joints..
Have fun finding these arts in Thai land.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I know Thailand very well. I lived in Bangkok for 6 months a couple of years ago. Martial arts are not as commonly studied by the Thai as they are in the West. In some of the larger cities such as Phuket and Chiang Mai (even those are dinky compared to Bangkok) there's been a few schools opening up that teach some of the popular arts such as BJJ. Most of the islands have become very touristy and you'll have better luck finding yoga classes than any martial arts on them. You can find Muay Thai camps catered to Westerners (farang) scattered around.

Latest Discussions