Marshall Matthers

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mosh ---- Have you seen the video?

I have wondered where the voices of this generations' 'Crosby Stills & Nash' are? There are no protest songs about any of the items in which the left sees injustice.

Well ... hoo-ha ... Marshall Matthers, Mister Eminem himself, just released a song that I consider to be a very powerful protest song. It also encourages the young generation to register and vote.

I just watched it on www.yahoo.com ... select the Music link.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Mosh ---- Have you seen the video?

I have wondered where the voices of this generations' 'Crosby Stills & Nash' are? There are no protest songs about any of the items in which the left sees injustice.

Well ... hoo-ha ... Marshall Matthers, Mister Eminem himself, just released a song that I consider to be a very powerful protest song. It also encourages the young generation to register and vote.

I just watched it on www.yahoo.com ... select the Music link.
Yeah. THERE'S a role model for ya.

"Yo go vote. Den Kill your wife, smack yo mom, and den wave an empty gun aroun a club."

Please.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like it or not, he is a role model and he is trying to do somthing he feels is important. Give him a break. :)
Sean

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe Technopunk is referring to the numerous videos and songs Eminem has put out that include references to killing his wife and mom, etc....

but I agree with you, michealedward, that is a powerful song and video for a good cause...I hope people hear it and realize they need to vote...one way or the other...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Yeah. THERE'S a role model for ya.

"Yo go vote. Den Kill your wife, smack yo mom, and den wave an empty gun aroun a club."

Please.

Techno,

MM never killed his wife, he just beat her.

PS he settled all his law suits with his mom and others, so you might get a settlement out of this ;)

S

SMP

I look at it as a commentary. He is saying what a lot of people our generation are feeling. As far as beating his wife he only sang about feeling like doing that. He was in court for hitting a man who was dating her with the butt of a pistol.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SMP said:
I look at it as a commentary. He is saying what a lot of people our generation are feeling. As far as beating his wife he only sang about feeling like doing that. He was in court for hitting a man who was dating her with the butt of a pistol.
Actually, I believe the rap spoke about killing her and dumping her body in a lake, didnt it?

The point is... his message AND his actions (such as the gun waving incident in the record store at the members of ICP) up until now do not "wash away" in my mind simply because he makes ONE video saying go vote. Anyone who wants to step up and tell me that man should be considered a positive role model is ATFU in my mind...

S

SMP

I would never call him a rolemodel ... maybe a spokesman. The song you are refering to is on a album voted #1 for the year. If nothing else it should be a wake up call that there is a portion of soviety that feels what he is saying.
Further if you listen to that album another of his songs calls to the media to be more responsible in the message they send to kids. While another comments on how he never wanted to be idolized, just make money doing what he loved.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
The point is... his message AND his actions (such as the gun waving incident in the record store at the members of ICP) up until now do not "wash away" in my mind simply because he makes ONE video saying go vote. Anyone who wants to step up and tell me that man should be considered a positive role model is ATFU in my mind...
Probably not in your mind, but in the mind of a teenager or whoever is the demographic to which he's appealing, they generally are not taking into accout the whole picture, complete context, etc. It's all soundbytes. And, on the positive side, perhaps this is Shady's "turning point". Maybe he's going to morph into a revolutionary and find a useful purpose for his verbal diarrhea.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of which he sang a very political song on Saturdaynight live last night. I thought it was interesting.
Sean

Latest Discussions