Marine Corps Martial Arts Program

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The battle between DKI Girl and RyuShiKan stems, I think, from the fact that her website promotes her seminars and classes and RyuShiKan has called her out publicly, casting doubt on what she "really" knows or is able to do.

RyuShiKan comes from a much stronger background that Dillman does. While Dillman has done a lot to popularize aspects of karate that many mini-mall karate schools teaching kids between soccer seasons haven't the first clue about, he is not, much to the chagrin of DKI followers, the authority that he makes himself out to be. Then, when he begins buying into and marketing new age crap like NTKOs, his students and followers have a choice - admit that they have been wasting their time and their teacher was a looney, or continue on with what they are doing and buy into the scam themselves. Tough choices both ways, really, and I don't envy anyone that finds themselves at that crossroads.

RyuShiKan is one of the nicest guys I know. No BS, for sure, but nice nonetheless. It is a simple case of calling it like you see it, and it seems like the public concensus is that anymore Dillman is falling further and further into the bucket of "crap teachers."

I think DKI Girl probably has some good training under her belt, and I would love to exchange info with her on things, but because of our "history" here on MT, I doubt she would see anything I say as having any worth.

It is tough when someone calls you out personally, and even tougher when someone calls out your teacher. That person is your teacher for a reason - you thought they were worthy of the position due to their knowlede and skill, they earned your respect. Having all of that questioned and feeling insulted about it must rankle in a nasty way.

And RyuShiKan should have a sign hung around his neck saying "does not play well with others." :D:D:D

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Yiliquan1

RyuShiKan is one of the nicest guys I know. No BS, for sure, but nice nonetheless.

I see that check I sent you cleared.:D

And RyuShiKan should have a sign hung around his neck saying "does not play well with others." :D:D:D

I already do.....You mean you didn't notice it the last time we hooked up????:D

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
I see that check I sent you cleared.:D

Yeah, but next time try to write it for more than it is going to cost me to cash it...

I already do.....You mean you didn't notice it the last time we hooked up????:D

Actually, no. I was too busy getting intimate with the floor, face first.

OP
C

chufeng

Ryu Shi kan,

At least we have one thing in common...we each, in our own way, can get Matt to eat floor...:)

I think he is just humoring an old man, on this end...so you must have given him the "come to Jesus" "lights go on" "Oh, that's what Sifu meant," kind of teaching he so sorely needed...and I thank you, because I need a good instructor to take over this region...

chufeng

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by chufeng
Ryu Shi kan,

At least we have one thing in common...we each, in our own way, can get Matt to eat floor...:)

I thought he just kept losing his contact lens. ;)

Originally posted by chufeng
I think he is just humoring an old man, on this end...so you must have given him the "come to Jesus" "lights go on" "Oh, that's what Sifu meant," kind of teaching he so sorely needed...and I thank you, because I need a good instructor to take over this region...

Actually I was kind of easy on him compared to my other students that are familiar with me.

Ask him about Sean who thinks he has to "jack" with me everytime I show him something.

OP
D

DKI Girl

snip....

I think DKI Girl probably has some good training under her belt, and I would love to exchange info with her on things, but because of our "history" here on MT, I doubt she would see anything I say as having any worth.

It is tough when someone calls you out personally, and even tougher when someone calls out your teacher. That person is your teacher for a reason - you thought they were worthy of the position due to their knowlede and skill, they earned your respect. Having all of that questioned and feeling insulted about it must rankle in a nasty way.

Gambarimasu.

Yiliquan1, I would be happy to exchange info with anyone....it just seems that everytime I post anything here, I get flogged by Ryushikan by my "color by numbers" and every other insult that comes to his mind.

It's not MY fault that he doesn't like what MY instructor teaches or how he learned it or where he learned it. All I know is that he teaches me valuable information that I enjoy learning.

There are alot of people in DKI that I have learned many things from and there are some things out there too that I don't agree with and don't care to learn. You can find that in ANY martial art.

There are alot of things that get constantly blown out of proportion when it comes to DKI and No Touch stuff. I have NEVER heard any of the instructors or anyone in DKI say that it is an effective method of self defense....just like everything, it will come out with the wash...either it will improve with time or it won't. Frankly, I think it will. I don't know how or why it works, but I have seen it and I do believe it.

I have been working for several years on many different techniques. Some of them are on my website and some are not. Do I think that they would work in a fight? Yes....do I think I have had enough practice do them? Absolutely not. But I continue to practice hitting people and seeing what happens. And yes, 99% of the videos out there that you see will be a DEMONSTRATION video and not done at full speed.

All I ask is that everyone just stop bashing and open your eyes and maybe focus on something else for a while and we can all talk and learn from each other.

That's all I have wanted to do on this board from day one. Exchange information. I love to learn from many different styles and people and I do respect those arts.

Hopefully this makes sense to you all, but sometimes I get very upset when it's just a constant barage of nasty comments on this board to each other. It seems that no one is willing to listen and learn from each other.

dki girl

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
DKI Girl -

Yiliquan1, I would be happy to exchange info with anyone... it just seems that everytime I post anything here, I get flogged by Ryushikan by my "color by numbers" and every other insult that comes to his mind.

When I see a website that displays videos of techniques that it claims are combat worthy, but they are only ever displayed at walking speed, I wonder to myself "how do they fare at full speed?" Do you ever practice these techniques at tempos more closely approximating a real encounter? In Yiliquan, we walk through techniques at first, sure. You have to be comfy with the combination to be comfy at full speed. However, in short order, we are cranking away at the fastest speed possible with the maximum amount of contact and power short of fully incapacitating your partner... Do you do this?

There are alot of people in DKI that I have learned many things from and there are some things out there too that I don't agree with and don't care to learn. You can find that in ANY martial art.

Amen to that.

There are alot of things that get constantly blown out of proportion when it comes to DKI and No Touch stuff. I have NEVER heard any of the instructors or anyone in DKI say that it is an effective method of self defense....just like everything, it will come out with the wash...either it will improve with time or it won't. Frankly, I think it will. I don't know how or why it works, but I have seen it and I do believe it.

So nobody is claiming that NTKO is useful in self defense... So why do it? With the body of qigong training and information that exists over 5000 years of Chinese history, why is it this technique hasn't been developed if it is a legitimate method? Why is it it is such a hit-or-miss method by those claiming the ability to do it? If I were only almost able to do a jumping back kick, I wouldn't go out in public proclaiming the ability to do it, selling the info at seminars, and then trying to caveat my inability to perform consistently with the technique by saying "I haven't fully developed it yet." Either it works or it doesn't.

But you are right. All things become clear with time. However I think Mr. Dillman has taken that first turn on the road toward obscurity by claiming an ability to do such a dubious thing...

I understand that you have had less than favorable exchanges with members of this board. Perhaps we all need to remember to keep our minds open when dealing with others, injured parties as well as the injurers...

Gambarimasu.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Actually I wouldn’t mind meeting DKIgirl and here dojo mates sometime in the future.
Be it here or there. (This is not an Internet challenge by the way)
I think things become a lot clearer when people actually meet and can see what your talking about.
If she or anyone from her dojo people ever has the chance to visit Japan I hope they look me up and stop by and say “howdy”.
I have met with several martial arts groups that have come to Japan on tours either for just a meal or some training. Under both circumstances I have made some good friends.
Anyway, the invitation is open to anyone, not just dkigirl & co., coming here just give me a shout before you come.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Gambarimasu.

That's because "others have a problem with losing"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
--Dave