Manly Man Question

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mark and Brian of radio fame are calling all over the world today to see how people from other countries would vote in our election if they could. Last I heard, Kerry was ahead.

So, I'm curious - those of you who do not reside in the USA and who do not have citizenship here, how would you vote?

I am unable to set this up as a poll, so please just respond with the name of your candidate of choice only.

Thanks!

R

raedyn

not bush.

I don't know enough about the 3rd party canidates to know if I'd vote for them or not. So maybe Kerry?

If I actually COULD vote, I'd go out of my way to learn about the other canidates so I knew if Kerry was my guy or not.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
nice thread, great conversation piece. but honestly, is there any particular reason why the average AMERICAN should give a damn about how other countries citizens should feel about who should be our nation's leader...? :idunno: i could care less who run's the frenchies and mounties, thats just me though, of course.

but then there's always the notion they'd love to have an American president in favor of buying more outside our country, hence, furthering their OWN economies....a la prescription drugs thing.

let's see here, complain about our loss of jobs here, and then be in favor of buying outside the USA....? doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me :rolleyes:

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any other non-US citizens care to reply?

Sapper6, I ask for a rew reasons:

1. Plain ol' country bumpkin curiosity. Silly me, I am interested in how the rest of the world views our political process, the candidates and our policies since we are, relatively, a fledgling nation. I jus' wanna ask the kweschun.

2. The news we receive is highly censored - most don't wish to believe this, but it's true. Talk with any major radio station news representative who does the news to other parts of the world and they will most likely tell you that they broadcast information to Australia that is much different than the red-lined news the broadcast here.

3. American policy has an enormous effect on the rest of the world - some effects we see and others we don't.

R

raedyn

Sapper6 said:
but then there's always the notion they'd love to have an American president in favor of buying more outside our country, hence, furthering their OWN economies....a la prescription drugs thing.
about the prescription drugs thing -
Not all Candians are in favour of this. The new companies that have sprung up to meet the demand sure as heck are! Some of us are worried about how American demands on our supply could threaten our own ability to access those drugs. We already are having pharmacies that can't get the flu vaccine anymore because all of the supply that our government didn't buy has been sold to the US. People in the target groups are guaranteed the vaccine here in Canada, but to healthy adults, it's getting hard to buy it. This situation is getting more Canadians aware of the potential problem re: perscription drugs.

T

Tkang_TKD

Sapper6 said:
nice thread, great conversation piece. but honestly, is there any particular reason why the average AMERICAN should give a damn about how other countries citizens should feel about who should be our nation's leader...? :idunno: i could care less who run's the frenchies and mounties, thats just me though, of course.

let's see here, complain about our loss of jobs here, and then be in favor of buying outside the USA....? doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me :rolleyes:
Call me cynical, but the Frenchies and Mounties don't hold the keys to the worlds strongest Military, or a cache of Nuclear Weapons. I'd say most of the world is very interested in the outcome of our elections.

For clarification, what exactly do you define as the "Average American"? I'd like to know what your operational definition is. It may or may not vary from mine and the other posters of the board.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
Well, I think the average American *should* care about who runs the frenchies and mounties. Being an informed world citizen is a good idea. And citizens of other countries have even more of an impetus to be concerned about our elections, due to the global influence - for ill or for good - we can and do have.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
We seem to hear more about your elections than our own......

Have heard a few poles run on the radio, and it’s always close, but a common theme seems to be, better the devil you know than the one you don't

Personally I don’t know who I would favour as I really don’t know enough about either one, we have enough trouble trying to figure out our own politics let alone everyone else's.

Mind you if you got a new president maybe little old NZ might just have a chance at getting him to sign a damn free trade deal.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:

Good Sapper. Well done. I'll tell you what, lets make sure we block EVERYTHING concering information/news coming into the country, just to make sure the "average american" doesn't have to give a damn about any other country. We wouldn't want them doing something insane like... ohhhh.. i dunno... THINKING? Yeah... I think China does that too, and look how well that's working out...

An overexaggerated sense of nationalism/patriotism got us into this mess, led by a cowboy puppet so large he puts Howdy Doody to shame, and you go and "dot the i". Take a bow, Sapper. You've done this nation a great service.

Note to all the other readers: I'm sorry, and I'm guessing I'll get yelled at somewhere for this, but I couldn't stay quiet about this one.

P

PeachMonkey

Sapper6 said:
i could care less who run's the frenchies and mounties, thats just me though, of course.

I'm surprised that no one else has discussed how utterly repugnant it is to refer to foreigners, and allies no less, as "frenchies and mounties". American, French, and Canadian troops have fought and died together on the bloodiest battlefields of the 20th century -- I would think that would mean something to the militarist in you, Sapper.

Sapper6 said:
let's see here, complain about our loss of jobs here, and then be in favor of buying outside the USA....? doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me

The point you're missing is the "re" in "reimportation". Those drugs are made by *American* companies, sold overseas at lower prices negotiated by governments who actually give a monkey's pizzle about the health of their citizens, then brought back in. This process wouldn't do a whit for the Canadian economy (although its effects on the US economy are open for debate).

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
PeachMonkey said:
I'm surprised that no one else has discussed how utterly repugnant it is to refer to foreigners, and allies no less, as "frenchies and mounties".
I was waiting for you. Thank you for bringing it up. :asian:
This process wouldn't do a whit for the Canadian economy (although its effects on the US economy are open for debate).
The only people that will benefit from this are the shareholders of ID Biomedical. (The taxpayers a little bit, provided ID converts the added sales to profit and pays tax on said profit.)

Latest Discussions