Look for a clean sweep.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it appears that George W. Bush has won re-election in the United States. Although, at this time, no news outlet will call the race in this manner, Iowa, Nevada and New Mexico all look as if they are lining up in the Bush column, by slim, but clear majorities.

But also on this day, it is important to note that the United States appointed client in Afghanistan has won election of the majority of Afghani voters. The United Nations will shortly certify Hamid Karzai as the winner of the election with approximately 55% of the vote.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6396248/

Look for a clean sweep, when The United States appointed client, Iyad Allawi, will take over the helm in Iraq by popular vote in Iraq.

This will be a good thing for America. While a heavy US occupation on foreign soil will increase the anger of Islamic extremists and increase the risk of terrorist activities, we will have a stable supply of oil to feed our economy as the worlds' stock of this resource deminishes.

I would suggest we all purchase stock in ExxonMobil (XOM), BPAmoco (BP), ConocoPhillips (COP), and ChevronTexaco (CVX).

Mike

P

PeachMonkey

michaeledward said:
we will have a stable supply of oil to feed our economy as the worlds' stock of this resource deminishes.

...or as stable as possible, given current projections of peak oil output being reached shortly, or having already been reached.

michaeledward said:
I would suggest we all purchase stock in ExxonMobil (XOM), BPAmoco (BP), ConocoPhillips (COP), and ChevronTexaco (CVX).

Regardless of who proves to win the election, oil companies will continue to be prominent. Western economies are in no position to switch from their hunger for petroleum in the forseeable future, and the only way in which their assets will decline in value is if they continue to lie about their long-term reserves (as did Shell Oil earlier).

P

PeachMonkey

RandomPhantom700 said:
So, who do you think we'll invade next, now that Bush & Co. don't have a re-election to worry about?

Frankly, we're in no position to invade anyone else; a highly cynical point of view might claim that a lack of need for re-election will greatly reduce the belligerence of the Bush Administration, actually.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering Bush is wagging his tail for Isreael, I'd say Iran is next.
And the draft.
and $70 a barrel oil!

Whee!

M

MisterMike

Yes, this was a clean sweep.

Popular vote, electoral college coming soon, House, Senate and Executive office.

Happy day.

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
At least this time Florida did not make headlines!!!!!

I must say it was great seeing all the people voting. I did not mind standing in line.. made my heart glad.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Considering Bush is wagging his tail for Isreael, I'd say Iran is next.
And the draft.
and $70 a barrel oil!

Whee!
What's wrong with Israel? We have to have allies and, quite frankly, I'd rather have Israel than Iran or France.

The draft is an unfounded conspiracy theory that has never been proven and was directly denied by the President in the debates.

If oil hits $70, it won't be because of Bush. If Bush were really in bed with OPEC, don't you think they would've dropped the prices a few weeks before the elections to get Bush back in? Then, maybe raise them again? It just seems like too much conspiracy theory to me.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
70$ a barrel for gasoline you say kaith. I think you should say 70$ a gallon. Hmm I wonder about the stock market today. Will the stocks michaeledward listed go up. I'll have to look into that.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the entire stock market is up 138 points at this time on the news that Bush won. So, yeah...Bush is good for the oil stocks. He's also apparenbtly good for a whole bunch of other stocks as well.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Well, it looks like the entire stock market is up 138 points at this time on the news that Bush won. So, yeah...Bush is good for the oil stocks. He's also apparenbtly good for a whole bunch of other stocks as well.
I don't think it is Bush per se but 'stability' that is good. Market perception is going to be very cautious during times of instability. Now that the general indication is a clear winner (which may not be totally accurate but is pretty clear) things will stabilize.

M

MisterMike

I think it's stability in economic policy, since there will be no change in administration, that keeps the stocks happy. They now don't have to worry about a long battle in the courts and possible policy changes if Kerry were to win, like hiking corporate taxes which sink profits.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
I think it's stability in economic policy, since there will be no change in administration, that keeps the stocks happy. They now don't have to worry about a long battle in the courts and possible policy changes if Kerry were to win, like hiking corporate taxes which sink profits.
I'd tend to think that it's the looming possibility of higher degrees of destabilization in the middle east. Should the US attack Iran, that will tighten supply even more than it already is.

Futhermore, GWB is a little soft in the charge toward alternative energy sources. He has a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Anybody buying oil stocks right now is taking a gamble, anyway. Nobody *really* knows what the future holds for the world and GWB.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xequat said:
What's wrong with Israel? We have to have allies and, quite frankly, I'd rather have Israel than Iran or France.

Do a search on Israel here....it'll be obvious what me, and many find wrong with them. Most recently Bush aimed squarely at the "Jewish" vote by backing Israelii violations of international law. Before anyone starts with the "anti-semitic' bullcrap again, I have many friends and some relatives who are Jewish, either by birth or by choice. I fully support their rights to exist/believe, etc. I do NOT however support any government that either performs or condones the type of actions, abuses and atrocities that have been attributed to the Israeli government.

--Added: I agree, Iran and France aren't what I'd call 'alliable' either.

The draft is an unfounded conspiracy theory that has never been proven and was directly denied by the President in the debates.

Well, we all know that polititians don't lie, and George Bush is a shining example of Presidential Honesty. Oh yeah, and Congress voted against it, so it's a definate that it won't happen. (Then again, there is that manpower shortage, increased funding and staffing for Selective Service, but lets ignore that hmm?)

If oil hits $70, it won't be because of Bush. If Bush were really in bed with OPEC, don't you think they would've dropped the prices a few weeks before the elections to get Bush back in? Then, maybe raise them again? It just seems like too much conspiracy theory to me.

When you have it "In The Bag", why would you shortchange yourself? We've covered the oil bit before...the cost of gas here is a combination of oil, refining capacity and supply. We have plenty of oil, we just can't refine it fast enough. The so called shortages are artificial, the prices are gouged, and those in the Government (Bush included) have very blatent ties to "Big Oil".

You call it conspiracy. I call it Gouging.
Either way, what we're being charged stinks.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im just happy its a "clean" win. Id would have been "content" with a Kerry win as long as it was decisive.

Latest Discussions