Makes you think

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Let's see some of your answers ~!
*excludes myself from play as I already know*

molson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Of course the lions are dead.... Havent eaten in 3 years.... I'll work on the other ones.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
2. the woman is a photographer
3. The barrel is empty
4. Charcoal
5. yesterday, today,tomorrow

T

Thetan

I'm new to this, but thought I'd give this a try.

1. After 3 years without eating, the lions are dead.

2. The woman is a photographer. She photographs her husband, then develops the picture and hangs it up to dry.

3. Still thinking about this one!

4. Still thinking about this one also!

5. Three days all in a row. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!;)

6. English wasn't my best subject, I'm still working on this one too!

Three out of six, not bad. Not good either:D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no E's in the paragraph. I'd been coached about twenty years ago however to look for just this type of paragraph; so, I don't count.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

The raging fires would be difficult, and tough to survive, yet I think the Assasins with guns woudl be the safest for him, as they are his breathen and would open their arms and welcome him. Yet, if the Lions are dead after not eating for three years, yet if for some reason they are still alive I think the Assasins woudl be the safest ;)

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Photography, Shower, Helps him with his tie, and dinner

3. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Put the jugs into the barrel

4. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

Charcoal is an option, yet I think about the newspaper that has black ink and is Read/red and when the ink smears on the paper it is gray :)

5. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow

The day before yesterday, the day before that and the day before that.

Tomorrow, the day afterwards and the day after that ;)

6. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Let's see some of your answers ~!
*excludes myself from play as I already know*

There are no Letter "E's" in the paragrapgh :D
:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're getting there Rich almost but not quite *G*

Think of rearranging the elements in # 3 :)

Hmmm Jugs, either masonry or plastic and the barrel is wood or copper.

Elements - Elements - ;)

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No help Tess! You gave me answer to the barrel! :shrug:

1. The room he's currently in?

I'll refrain from #3 since your hint gives it away.

don

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Freeze the water in the Jugs, Remove the ice from the Jugs. Place the ice in the barrels.

:p

Latest Discussions