Madrid bans too-thin models from catwalk

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excessively skinny fashion models will be barred from a major Madrid fashion show later this month

Full Story

It's about time. I wish more modeling agencies would adopt a healthier image. Why do woman have to be stick-thin to model? Isn't a healthy woman with some curves more attractive, and more realistic?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have two daughters, 9 and 12, who are in great shape (MAists and all) but I hate to see what kinda image the get of what they should look like from what they see in the media. I try to be very supportive and assuring of them as people in general so they don't feel like they need to get their self-image or self-worth from unrealistic expectations of what they shoud look like

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to agree, absolutely curves are important!

So....why is the fashion industry so obsessed with anorexic models? I mean, ultra-skinniness has to sell or they wouldn't use them. I don't get it.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't get it either. I mean, I have daughters...women who look like little girls is just...icky. Plus most of these models wear facial expressions like they are emotionless zombies at best or stuck-up psychopaths at worst. I look at a fashion model and think "oh, yeah, that looks like an attractive person to want to be with or want my wife or daughters to be like..."

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Plus most of these models wear facial expressions like they are emotionless zombies at best or stuck-up psychopaths at worst.

:lfao:

Yep...they actually look pretty mean out there at times.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Plus most of these models wear facial expressions like they are emotionless zombies at best or stuck-up psychopaths at worst

HEY..Don't talk about the girl I was gonna marry that way...LOL

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good question. If you look at some erotic Asian flicks, the girls look like boys - I don't get it.

Perhaps it's a dominance thing??

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it's very confusing...Give me the good old fashion American erotic flicks, girls look like girls..

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's about time. I wish more modeling agencies would adopt a healthier image. Why do woman have to be stick-thin to model? Isn't a healthy woman with some curves more attractive, and more realistic?

Yep. Curves good. Anorexia bad.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good question. If you look at some erotic Asian flicks, the girls look like boys - I don't get it.

Perhaps it's a dominance thing??

And vice versa (no, I don't watch Asian erotica but I've seen enough Asian cinema in general and some Anime in particular to gt that impression)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And vice versa (no, I don't watch Asian erotica but I've seen enough Asian cinema in general and some Anime in particular to gt that impression)

You've been looking at the wrong Anime then..

Latest Discussions