Macho vs. Century

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
They do wholesale accounts, which can reduce the cost a fair degree, as well.

Yeah, we have wholesale on both of them.Just trying to decide who to stick with.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
To only hit the bottom third of the bag
you are mis-interpreting what i was saying. if you look at a boxing gym the bags are hung higher than many people do. there are no kicks in boxing. the physical make up of an Everlast bag is shredded fabric with bags of sand at the bottom. so what i was saying is that a heavier bag means more sand and if you are hitting the bottom third rather than the top of the bag where there are no sand bags, then you are hitting a more dense and harder section of the heavy bag and thus will do more damage to your hand.
geeezze i figured all this would be self evident to people that hit bags all the time. i didnt think i would have to spell it all out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are mis-interpreting what i was saying. if you look at a boxing gym the bags are hung higher than many people do. there are no kicks in boxing. the physical make up of an Everlast bag is shredded fabric with bags of sand at the bottom. so what i was saying is that a heavier bag means more sand and if you are hitting the bottom third rather than the top of the bag where there are no sand bags, then you are hitting a more dense and harder section of the heavy bag and thus will do more damage to your hand.
geeezze i figured all this would be self evident to people that hit bags all the time. i didnt think i would have to spell it all out.

Well the reason you have to explain it to people is that most people...as you said...don't hang their bags as boxers do and wouldn't know. Your post has answered itself.

Tong Po

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Azulx,

In my opinion I have always had better luck with Macho gear. It just seems to hold up a little better and kinda fit better. There is also Pro Force Lightning which is a brand that is sold by Asian World of Martial Arts (awma.com) it's basically the lowest quality of the three and geared more for entry level.

I understand that you only use foam dipped and our school is basically the same. However if it's allowed you can check out gloves from such brands as Top Ten Karate, Hayabusa, etc that aren't exactly foam dipped but are a step up in quality and last much longer. These are still geared towards the point fighter type style of sparring and not a kickboxing/Thai boxing/MMA style. Ringstar kicks which are like a padded sneaker were in vogue for awhile too. I'm just getting back into things after a 5 year hiatus so I'm not sure of everything else that might be out there.

Hope it helps!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shoot boxing gloves look similar but are made better.

images

Latest Discussions