Ma people show us your dog and why you have them

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment $Brenna and Duke beach Combing 005.jpgView attachment $Brenna and Duke beach Combing 007.jpg

I got this guy because we have a lot of bears and we hike a lot. But this year the bears came almost to our door steps chasing Musk Ox. He is three now and my daughter 10 and they are just best buddies. They wrestle and play all the time. I never have to worry about my daughter or anyone coming in the door. He is 80 pounds of muscle and teeth and a real butt head when inside or chained in the back of the truck but we love him. His name is Marmaduke but we call him Duke. As MA people what kind of dog do you own.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is my 3 lb dog and her name is Yaya. She is a good guard dog. Even when door bell ring on TV, she will bark. She loves to chase horses on the sand beach. She will also bark to any skate board that passed by her. When she met another dog, she would pretend to be friendly. She then attacked. She will attack any dog and she has no fear. Sometime I just call her "dot, dot, dot" because she just has 3 black dots on her face (2 eyes and one nose). When I walked her and when people said, "Oh ...", it always hurt my MA image big time.

yaya.jpg

yaya22.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment $Brenna 1st Summer hike Anvil Mountain June 2013 010.jpgView attachment $Brenna 1st Summer hike Anvil Mountain June 2013 012.jpgView attachment $Brenna 1st Summer hike Anvil Mountain June 2013 016.jpgView attachment $Brenna 1st Summer hike Anvil Mountain June 2013 020.jpg

As soon as spring hits that's June for us when roads are open we head for mountains and climb around. My dog in back he loves to slide down glacier snow on his belly and climb up rocks. He is half Labrador and half pit bull. He was supposed to be 100% Labrador but they lied on the internet about his age and falsified his vet papers but we love him anyway. My daughter and friends like to climb and pose a lot. Notice the ocean in background still has a lot ice in June.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 18917View attachment 18918

I got this guy because we have a lot of bears and we hike a lot. But this year the bears came almost to our door steps chasing Musk Ox. He is three now and my daughter 10 and they are just best buddies. They wrestle and play all the time. I never have to worry about my daughter or anyone coming in the door. He is 80 pounds of muscle and teeth and a real butt head when inside or chained in the back of the truck but we love him. His name is Marmaduke but we call him Duke. As MA people what kind of dog do you own.

So do you ever take him hunting? He looks like he would be good at that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
2mrtxjd.jpg

That was good ol' Buka. I was more worried about someone breaking in and stealing him than I was of them breaking in.

2r6z8sk.jpg

That was Bandit when he was 15. Great dog.

I've only had Staffs and Pits. Fell in love with both breeds back in the 70's. Waiting on another one now. Never got them for protection, but like most dogs, they seem to sense that all on their own. I think my dogs have been better judges of character than I'll ever be.

msyf52.jpg

Bandit, Peekaboo, Shakia, Buka. Good pups.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions