Lousy Service

HongKongFui

White Belt
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this company...http://www.cjmas.com/

I made the mistake of ordering from them again. I should have learned my lesson the first 2 times I ordered from them. Great prices but S-L-O-W service. But like an idiot, I ordered again from them because Google gave me the best price. Now, they're ignoring my e-mail request for order status.

I ordered from another company same day as I ordered from this one. I already have my merchandise from them, but this company is still sitting on my order. Someone shoot me if I ever order from them again.

p.s. Who changed my Avatar? I didn't.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am very familiar with Chajonshim Martial Arts Supplies - they are actually one of my favorite places to order from. They carry many of the items others won't, because they have to take the time to special order them from overseas. But they are willing to do this, when others won't even try.

For instance, they were the only ones able to get me the four-video teaching set (the 'textbook') for the Hankuk Haedong Kumdo Federation. This item is only available directly from the Federation HQ, or from two suppliers in Korea, who only speak Korean. CJMAS was the only one willing to go the extra mile and get it for me.

I have a specialty helmet on order with them right now. I have corresponded directly with the company owner, both before I made my decision to purchase and afterwards. I have been very pleased with the availability of the owner and her willingness to answer questions by phone or email. I have also received automatic email status on my shipment (it should be here in two days, and I can't wait!).

As you mentioned, their prices are great. I have been very happy with their service. In fact, this is one of the few companies that I would (and I have) recommended to others. I am very sorry that your experience with them has not been as good. Maybe you just 'lucked out' and managed to hit two snags in two orders. I would suggest giving them another try.

OP
HongKongFui

HongKongFui

White Belt
Reaction score
Actually 4 orders. My first order was a "Black Belt" hat I wanted to get for my son for his Black Belt promotion. First they told me there was a problem with my credit card, then they said it was a mistake. (Note, I ordered this hat 3 weeks before my sons promotion. 2 days before his promotion, they finally sent it out, Next Day Air, at their expense. $50+ for a lousy $8 hat.

Second order was for a Gi top. 3 weeks to ship an in stock item.
Now orders 3 and 4 were placed a day apart. I asked if they could combine and ship same time. No reply. Now its been "processing" for 5 days. But they had no problem charging my credit card the next day after I ordered. I'm still waiting to find out what 5 days "processing" means.

That other company I ordered from? I ordered about 4:30A.M. Friday morning. When they opened for business, 9 A.M., their website said my item was shipped already. That is the service I am used to.
KarateDepot, MartialArtsMart, Century, AMAS, Wing Lam, KarateSupply, I can go on, but I have NEVER had a problem with these companies, always fast service, never had to e-mail them.

Like I said, the prices are great, but you're paying for it with lousy service.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah it woudl be nice to get that , but in reality it jsut doesn't happen. Low price typically = crap service.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't look at the link, but if you're having problems getting your merchandise and no reply from them you can do two things. One, dispute the charge with your credit card company. Two, contact the vendor and tell them if you don't get a reply or your order you will not only contact your credit card company, but will also contact the BBB. That usually gets a response out of them.