Looking for past and present students of Eizo Shimabukuro or anyone who studied shorin ryu

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Greeting all. I am looking to make contact with any past or present students of Eizo Shimabukuro or any of his students students. There is a new yahoo group being formed and I would like you guys to check it out. Simply go to yahoo groups. Search for the key word shorinryukarate and it will take you to the group site. Please feel free to sign up and contribute. Hopefully this will be a place to help his students stay in contact.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am a student of his system, and Kyoshi Gould is a direct student of O'sensei!
My Sensei Is a student of Kyoshi.
one of our brown belts went to Okinawa when he joined the US Air force. he went and found O'sensei's home and asked to train, and was shown is certificates. O'sensei's answer was " show me your kata" .. after he did his answer was " kata good, you are brown belt you train here."

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am a student of his system, and Kyoshi Gould is a direct student of O'sensei!
My Sensei Is a student of Kyoshi.
one of our brown belts went to Okinawa when he joined the US Air force. he went and found O'sensei's home and asked to train, and was shown is certificates. O'sensei's answer was " show me your kata" .. after he did his answer was " kata good, you are brown belt you train here."

He has a school about 1/2 km South of Kin-cho, Okinawa. He was teaching in Kin-cho for about 20 years prior to that, across the street (329) from Camp Hansen.

R. MClain

OP
chinto01

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply everyone. I am currently a student of Shimabukuro Sensei. The reason I am asking to find past and present wether direct or indirect students of Shimabukuro Sensei is to introduce them to the yahoo Group I have mentioned in the first post. If interested please post so I know you're interested..

Thanks

Rob

gunnyperk

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply everyone. I am currently a student of Shimabukuro Sensei. The reason I am asking to find past and present wether direct or indirect students of Shimabukuro Sensei is to introduce them to the yahoo Group I have mentioned in the first post. If interested please post so I know you're interested..

Thanks

Rob

I am a past student of his, during 2 tours on Okinawa. There is an organization run by another former student Bill Hayes that may be of some interest to you and others.