Looking for original manuals

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am in the process of putting all of my stuff together for the future and I have noticed I do not have a copy of the original copy of the Kukkiwon 1973 Feb. 24 Publication of "Taekwondo manual", if anybody has a copy and would like to make a copy and send to me, it would be appreciated. This was the very first publication of the original manual.

Thank you a head of time. :asian:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am in the process of putting all of my stuff together for the future and I have noticed I do not have a copy of the original copy of the Kukkiwon 1973 Feb. 24 Publication of "Taekwondo manual", if anybody has a copy and would like to make a copy and send to me, it would be appreciated. This was the very first publication of the original manual.

Thank you a head of time. :asian:

Sorry Terry, I do not. I didn't even know there was one that early. The earlieat I've heard of is the 1975 textbook.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry Terry, I do not. I didn't even know there was one that early. The earlieat I've heard of is the 1975 textbook.

No the one in Feb.73 was a 90 page manual and was a master piece by itself. I had it and now I cannot find it. I wish I could get a copy for my records once again. Thanks Iceman

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on something like that. Our past is evaporating behind us so fast that TKD is in danger of becoming something like those cases of 'five minute amnesia'—you know the kind of thing, where someone as a result of a head injury or stroke or bad medication reaction winds up forgetting everything about their lives five minutes after it happens. It's a real phenomenon, and the fact that we have only the vaguest idea of what people were doing in dojangs 35 years ago, and are almost totally in the dark about what was happening 55 years ago, is scarily similar. Manuals like the one you're looking for are worth their weight in gold... there has to be a copy of that one around somewhere...

... if it was published in English, would the Library of Congress have a copy?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OHHHHHH that OLD!!!!! :jaw-dropping:

ok, before I get my fanny kicked....

try the usual suspects: ebay and amazon, the used and rare section. It is amazing what turns up now and then! If you know of past pratitioners cleaning house, maybe at a yardsale!

happy hunting!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No they where in Korean and was translated for me by my pld GM, I did ask him but said he does have them or does nor know where they are. Whichever I am **** out of luck.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will check with GGM Hildebrand for you this week Terry.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Terry at some point I will have one in my possession. It may be a couple of years but you can have it when I get it.
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions