Looking for a good excersise bike. Suggestions?

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've wanted to buy an excercise bike for quit some time and I think I'm going to pick one up this Winter. I started off only wanting to spend $200 but everything I've shopped in that price range is pretty cheaply made. I've decided to spend between $300 and $400. I want a display with training programs, push button resistance control and a built in heart rate monitor. I'd like for it to be somewhat quite so I can hear my TV.
Anyone recently shopped for or purchased a excercise bike or have an old favorite?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I bought a stand (trainer) for my regular bike instead... takes up a lot less space and I can put it anywhere my bike fits. But it doesn't have the bells and whistles you're looking for (bike or stand).

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a stand (trainer) for my regular bike instead... takes up a lot less space and I can put it anywhere my bike fits. But it doesn't have the bells and whistles you're looking for (bike or stand).
I think I recall seeing a few training stands that do... including some that are rollers for both wheels, and you have to balance the bike, just like riding.

I'd suggest actually going somewhere that you can compare and examine the exercise bikes yourself so that you don't end up buying something that looks good in pictures, but is crap. And I'd suggest buying the best quality you can, because it'll hold up better.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I recall seeing a few training stands that do... including some that are rollers for both wheels, and you have to balance the bike, just like riding.

I'm sure some of them do... just not the one I bought!

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have a NordicTrack SL728--there may be an updated version now. Meets all your requirements, and you can often get it on sale at Sears. I'm very happy with it.

OP
INDYFIGHTER

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I bought a Gold's Gym upright at Walmart for $180 and so far it seems fine for what I need. I've been through two of the eight preset programs and got a good workout. The resistance at the higher levels is very adiquit and everything seems to work although the heart meter is probably not too accurate. All in all though I'm happy with it.

Latest Discussions