London Martial Arts

K

KenpoGirl

Good evening everyone.

I wanted to take the opportunity to finally post the website fore my instructors school. It is still under construction but I'd say about 75% is complete. Not a lot of photos at the moment but we are working on it.

It is very nearly the 1 year anniversary for the school.
Things seem to be going well, and they haven't gotten sick of me yet so that's a bonous.

Let me know what you think, there may still be some errors but I am slowly working through them.

London Martial Arts
best view on 1028 x 768

Your input would be appreciated.

Dot
:asian:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the design. Very clean, nothing annoyingly flashy. Frames?

Cthulhu

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Cthulhu
Frames?
Cthulhu

The original request was for frames, but I am having problems with them for people that view on 800 x 600 so I think I will suggest not using frames or at the least just the top banner.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Thank you, we've worked hard on it, but alas, things have gotten busy and we just haven't had the chance to update the final few pages. But they will be one as soon as we get the info together.

:asian:

OP
K

Kroy

You guys have alot of kenpo competition in London, dont you?

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Kroy
You guys have alot of kenpo competition in London, dont you?

Not our school as we are new and don't have plans to do a tournament for a while.

But there are various tournaments in town, participated by local schools for the most part. I can't give you dates unfortunately.

OP
K

Kroy

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
Not our school as we are new and don't have plans to do a tournament for a while.

But there are various tournaments in town, participated by local schools for the most part. I can't give you dates unfortunately.

Sorry, I meant to say alot of other Kenpo schools.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

No Worries.

I'd say there are 2 or 3 reasonalbly large tournaments in town a year. But again are usually inschool tornaments or limited to certain schools that work together to compete.

London is saturated with MA school which makes for a lot of competition, which makes for schools not wanting to do anything to aid the other guy in thier business. It's all very Political, lol not like Kenpo hasn't seen that before though.

Dot

OP
L

lifewise

Hey KenpoGirl,

How are things at London Martial Arts these days? Any seminars or events happening?

Find a new sparring partner yet? (Do you know where I am going with this? ) :boing2:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

lifewise said:
Hey KenpoGirl,

How are things at London Martial Arts these days? Any seminars or events happening?

Find a new sparring partner yet? (Do you know where I am going with this? ) :boing2:
London Martial Arts is nearly and year and a half old now. Things are running relatively smoothly from what my instructor, Bryson Ingram, says. He don't have a huge student base but it's enough to keep things going. The younger students are advancing and having a great time.

The Adults are doing very well, even our female students are starting to get a hang of it and realizing that yes they are allowed to hit somebody. LOL They even seem to be enjoying it. I'm not sure if its because of my good or bad influence. :angel:

Sparring Lifewise? Yes it's been a while since you and I have gotten in the ring together. I don't think they've seen the likes of us since then, not often you get two women with the same bull headed style, get in the ring and seeing the fists and feet fly. ;) You should try to get out one day when the other female students are about so we can give they a demo. ;)

Unfortunately we don't get to spar very often because the students for the most part are still too low in rank and haven't started. Those students that have moved from another school and have enough skill to spar are great fun to practise with, but as schedules vary we rarely all meet up at the same time to have a consistant go of it. So when I do spar it's usually with my instructor or with another fellow student a huge guy by the name of Craig. I'm no where near their skill in sparring so I find it very frustrating. I crave the days when the other students more at my level are around so I can actually get a hit in. :EG: ;)

Dot
:D

OP
L

lifewise

Ah, shucks... you miss me..... lol.

I will definately try to get in there for one last sparring match - you will have to let me know when the women are there.Of course this match will have to be after I have my life packed - because we both know how it will end.:boxing: Just promise me - I get to keep MY ribs in their current position... (and my face, and neck too)

OP
K

KenpoGirl

lifewise said:
Ah, shucks... you miss me..... lol.

I will definately try to get in there for one last sparring match - you will have to let me know when the women are there.Of course this match will have to be after I have my life packed - because we both know how it will end.:boxing: Just promise me - I get to keep MY ribs in their current position... (and my face, and neck too)
I'll do my best to control myself, but its hard to control such natural raw POWER. :EG: Just take your extra strength tylenol before you come and all should be well. And BTW, look who's talking, I'll have to prepare myself of those hook punches of yours. :p

OP
L

lifewise

KenpoGirl said:
I'll do my best to control myself, but its hard to control such natural raw POWER. :EG: Just take your extra strength tylenol before you come and all should be well. And BTW, look who's talking, I'll have to prepare myself of those hook punches of yours. :p

I don't think I will comment on your raw power - even I am not that brave!

I was hoping you'd forgotten about those hook punches. I have to come up with some new tricks quick then...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lifewise said:
I don't think I will comment on your raw power - even I am not that brave!

I was hoping you'd forgotten about those hook punches. I have to come up with some new tricks quick then...
Will this event be pay per view? :popcorn:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Rich Parsons said:
Will this event be pay per view? :popcorn:
LMAO Why is it when we discuss a sparring match, someone always asks if we are putting it on PPV. :DN:

Maybe this is something we should consider, we could make millions. ;)
"Crazy Canuk Fighting Femes" What do you think? :D

Dot
:angel:

OP
L

lifewise

KenpoGirl said:
LMAO Why is it when we discuss a sparring match, someone always asks if we are putting it on PPV. :DN:

Maybe this is something we should consider, we could make millions. ;)
"Crazy Canuk Fighting Femes" What do you think? :D

Dot
:angel:

Well Dot, remember when we would have long sparring matches in the backyard? .... hot summer, soaken wet, .... and neighbours watching.

OP
R

RCastillo

lifewise said:
Well Dot, remember when we would have long sparring matches in the backyard? .... hot summer, soaken wet, .... and neighbours watching.

A cat fight, and hot in Canada? This I gotta see! :popcorn:

OP
L

lifewise

RCastillo said:
A cat fight, and hot in Canada? This I gotta see! :popcorn:

It isn't the weather that makes Canada hot - it's the action. :boing2:

Latest Discussions