Live Sword Cuts on Human Body

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
World Record Holder. I assume Guinness has him listed as World's Biggest Moron... :rolleyes:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theatrics like that inspire so many ignorant (in the true sense of the word) people to try the same thing and wind up killing someone.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's he world record holder in? Stupid People Tricks? Bad Band Back Up?

I hate when I see people do any variant on the vegetable chopping on your buddy stunts... If you know anything about it, it's not impressive, because VEGGIES CHOP, while flesh has to be cut. (Don't take my word for it; try to chop some meat next time you cook dinner. It ain't easy... Then try it with a veggie on top. It's easy to cut the veggie without hurting the meat... OK, somehow that sounded a little bluer than I intended!)

And then some idiot still screws it up... didn't someone recently post a clip where the "master" managed to cut his assistant's neck? Reminded me of the TV series Dinosaurs where they did a spoof of Mr. Wizard and similar shows. Lab assistant Timmy was always the one holding the explosive or standing behind the rocket engine... "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dinosaurs! I loved that series. "Not the momma!"

I think that folks who know better and still do the sword demos like that should be ashamed of themselves. The most humiliating thing I've ever done in my MA experience was as a young green belt in kempo. My instructor was impressed with the way I was able to manipulate a katana and chinese broadsword while goofing around in the studio. Looked great, very movie-ish. He had me do solo performances during a demo with both weapons. Afterward folks came up to me and complemented me on the performance. I kept thinking to myself "Man, if you only knew." I knew that what I was doing was nothing like the real thing...I just didn't know how far away from the real thing and how potentially dangerous until I learned alot more about weapons.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
gotta love the band playing in the background!

did the samurai also tape their wrists before doing battle with cucumbers?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those aren't even martial arts techniques--they're cooking cuts. It's like he studied under Soke Wolfgang Puck.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Socially acceptable words fail me. The guy is a grandstanding, incompetent, ignorant, bloated <BAD WORD> <EXTREMELY BAD WORD> <GOOD LORD I DIDN'T THINK I KNEW A WORD THAT BAD>.

At least he wasn't likely to hurt the poor dupe who was lying on the chairs. Skin is pretty resilient to chops as opposed to drawing cuts. But I still can't imagine what inspired the student to lie there while "Grandmaster" Blivet whacked away at him. Especially the bit with the strategically placed final cucumber.

His dog-lame cutting technique didn't look like any sword work anyone ever used for fighting. You wouldn't even hire him to chop salad for Sizzler.

And this 24 karat brass plated board certified flaming twit represents us?

:barf:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What was sad was the guy trying to be such a bad *** and failing miserably. C'mon you want to impress me use a full sized katana ... or is that gonna be too unwieldy for the likes of you big boy?
Eventually as mentioned above, someone is going to try that and seriously hurt or kill someone. Eventually big boy sensei is gonna make a mistake and cut one his students in front of an audience and will have to spin something to cover up his boo-boo.
Yeah the band in the background was almost as bad as the demonstration.

Sigh. Ah well... now back to the real world of real martial arts shall we?

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I thought was particularly pathetic was the very obvious effort of the guy with the... sword, I guess you'd have to call it... to look ominous, dangerous, lethal, brutally efficient... all of the adjectives in the latest Matt Furey full-page ad in Black Belt flogging some product or secret routine or whatever. The stoney expression! The flinty look in his eyes as he decapitated that cucumber like Tony Soprano whacking a suspected informer! The hand held up in warning that something really amazing was about to happen!

It doesn't work all that well when you waddle along like that, alas, but still, very high marks in the theatrics department! :lol:

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not being a member of The Tribe, but perhaps this is not a Martial Arts demo but a modernized Bris ceremony (Jewish Ritual Circumcision) and the good "professor" is performing the role of the Mohel.
:uhoh:

I do not know what is more stupid, this demo or the old watermelon cut on a bare stomach while being blindfolded.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*sigh*

I don't care if he's hefty, he's carrying a sharp long metal blade. And he's using it to chop veggies with on someone's body.

I don't want to be disrespectful, but ... I don't know how comfortable I feel with this. I've seen videos of and read about experienced people getting seriously cut. Even the pros make mistakes.

Lordy, lordy, lordy.

This was a psych trip too - what the crap was he doing, putting a cuke in the guy's mouth, then removing it to place on his groin??? Did anyone else catch that but me? What's up with that?

:idunno:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not being a member of The Tribe, but perhaps this is not a Martial Arts demo but a modernized Bris ceremony (Jewish Ritual Circumcision) and the good "professor" is performing the role of the Mohel.

I wouldn't let him into the Mohel Majority :D

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was a psych trip too - what the crap was he doing, putting a cuke in the guy's mouth, then removing it to place on his groin??? Did anyone else catch that but me? What's up with that?

:idunno:

I noticed it, but assumed that it was a standard part of the live-cucumber-cuts-on-student's-body thing... I mean, what do I know about such things??

Latest Discussions