LightScribe Burners

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone used a Lightscribe Burner? How do they work?

http://www.lightscribe.com/about/index.aspx

I am considering replacing my DVD burner with one of these, even tho the media is so much higher in price. (Lightscribe CDs around .60 per disk, DVDs = 1.10 per disk)

It seems like really fly tech, but how well does it work?

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nevermind.

I decided to find out for myself... ordered one tonite. Dual layer DVD burner with lightscribe... we shall see

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, this is pretty cool tech.

Installed the burner last night, made a mix CD of industrial music, opened up "SureThing Cd/DVD Labler" (which came bundled with the HP burner) selected "Lightscribe" from the list and dropped in a .Jpg, added some text with their simple text tool... and said "Print"

25 Minutes later, I had me a COOL looking, Laser burned label.

My overall opinion? Drive was cheap, easy to install, and the software is no more complicated than any other burning/labling software.

My only beef is the cost of the Lightscribe media, but its a minor beef, and that will come down soon enough.

*OH YEAH AND NEVER DO BUISNESS WITH STAPLES*

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was reading reviews of this tech the other day. I think I'll be grabbing a drive myself soon. No more having to deal with labels peeling...

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I was reading reviews of this tech the other day. I think I'll be grabbing a drive myself soon. No more having to deal with labels peeling...

Yeah... the "Print" process on the Label side is a little slow, but its worth it, IMO.

And, yea, they call it "Printing" the lable. It took me a couple minutes when I made my first one, looking for the Burn feature, to realize the command "Print" printed to the disk.

LOL.

Latest Discussions