Liddel vs Jackson (vid)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Lisa I am sure he was pissed. Unfortuantely by his legs being out straight I think he was out cold. The referee did a good job in my opinion on the stoppage.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
the ref did the right thing in stopping the fight. Liddell seemed out of it and was in a VERY comprimising postion - Rampage could have rained down some nasty head shots.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chuck looked pissed that the fight was stopped.

The KO'd guys ALWAYS wake up PO'd the fight was stopped.

Well, accept for one of the TUF episodes recently. The guy (Marlon Simmons?) said when he got knocked out he was dreaming of being back at home with his girlfriend then he woke up with Big John McCarthy in his face. The way he explained it was hillarious.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Liddell never challenged for the center, so Rampage was in control of balance and distance the whole time. Chuck looked tentative and spent a fair amount of time backpedalling. To me, from the beginning, it looked like only a matter of time.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Josh Burkman vs Karo Parisyan

[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6xg1a0y2d7YtYeKKl[/dmv]

Houston Alexander vs Keith Jardine

[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3KwzEt7mjEuCAeKPY[/dmv

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Lisa I am sure he was pissed. Unfortuantely by his legs being out straight I think he was out cold. The referee did a good job in my opinion on the stoppage.

Oh I don't disagree at all. I find it quite interesting when the KO'd guy comes back from lala land and gets mad. Chuck was in trouble and by the looks of things there was little he could do to get out of it. The call was the right one made by the ref.

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
looks to me (after watching it a couple times) that rampage got in a shot that knocked chuck down, then took a couple shots that missed chuck while he was down, then knocked chucks hand to the mat (making him look like he was completely layed out), then the ref threw rampage off, and chuck was only a hit or 2 worse off than when the fight started.

now dont get me wrong i agree that things coulda gotten quite bad for chuck at that point, however he was still in it IMO.

BTW thanks for the link i was going to do a search for it after lunch!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Josh Burkman vs Karo Parisyan

[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6xg1a0y2d7YtYeKKl[/dmv]

[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3KwzEt7mjEuCAeKPY[/dmv

I was going to comment on this fight. It was really awesome. Karo threw Josh with harai and I couldn't help but root for him.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

[dmv]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3KwzEt7mjEuCAeKPY[/dmv]

Any discussion or controversy about Alexander's knee strike to Jardine's head while Jardine was down on his knees? Perhaps I am wrong in thinking that such a strike isn't allowed by the rules?

Stillelman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The knee has been mentioned, but it more looked like hig going in for strikes when it hit. My point, it did not seem to cause near the damage as the uppercuts.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I missed the event, but after watching the Liddel/Jackson match, I have to say Im disappointed at the outcome. Just didn't seem like the same Chuck as I've seen in other fights. Who knows, maybe he was having an off day, I don't know.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I missed the event, but after watching the Liddel/Jackson match, I have to say Im disappointed at the outcome. Just didn't seem like the same Chuck as I've seen in other fights. Who knows, maybe he was having an off day, I don't know.

He may have a mental block vs. Jackson. Should be interesting to see the rematch though.

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Liddel's comment about "not wanting to leave on a loss" or something to that effect?

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
When Chuck was originally spanked by Rampage he did land a number of hard, clean shots and Quinton didn't blink. Although Chuck has improved since then I doubt he has increased his punching power that dramatically so I would have thought that this would be playing on his mind a bit. I want to see a rematch cos I do like chuck too.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Latest Discussions