Liam Neeson Vs PETA

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But Neeson isnÂ’t giving ground. He infuriated pro-wolf forces by eating real wolf meat on the movie set as a way of getting into character.
And he liked it.
Wolf jerky “was quite nice,” he told reporters in New York this month.
“I went up for seconds of the wolf stew,” he boasted to the Chicago Sun-Times. While some cast members “upchucked’’ at the great wolf barbecue organized by director Joe Carnahan, “all I can say is it was very gamy. But I’m Irish, so I’m used to odd stews. I can take it.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/pc_wood_wolf_at_liam_door_WoSQXPVqTEhUdhhAXWCqtL#ixzz1kyd5b4eE

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like him because he says what he means and doesn't back down or get all mealy mouthed about it like other celebs. He doesn't seem to say things perfectly crafted not to piss anyone off or offend any single group. I think he and I could get along well because I know everything we both say is pretty much borderline offensive, racist and sexist, but really means well. lol

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who gives a **** about PeTA? Gray wolves are an endangered species in most of the country, there are only 5000 of them in the lower 48 and 200,000 worldwide. Eating them is irresponsible, unless perhaps they came from captive breeding. I'm not sure why anyone would celebrate the fact, either. So you ate a wild dog? Congratulations, I guess that makes you a man now. As long as it pisses off the libs, amirite?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who gives a **** about PeTA? Gray wolves are an endangered species in most of the country, there are only 5000 of them in the lower 48 and 200,000 worldwide. Eating them is irresponsible, unless perhaps they came from captive breeding. I'm not sure why anyone would celebrate the fact, either. So you ate a wild dog? Congratulations, I guess that makes you a man now. As long as it pisses off the libs, amirite?

Eh, I am sure there are that many in various fur farms all over the world.

Not to mention there are a lot of people who do (legally - more or less) kill wolves.

That one canine, or 2 probably didn't make a dent in the population.

2 points: PETA sucks. If they were a vacuum cleaner, a Dyson could not keep up!
Feeding strange foods to people on a job site because you can....not so much my thing. But hey, I am guessing all were adults, they can say no.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PETA, the traitors that fund admitted terrorists and terrorist organizations?
PETA, the hypocrites that maintain their own kill shelter and kill an estimated 85% of the animals it takes in?
PETA, the sorry sonsofbitches who applauded when Steve Irwin died?
PETA, the worthless pieces of dog feces whose leader personally is all for breaking of laws?

I've heard of them. Seem like nice people. Actually, I wouldn't cry if they all got eaten by a bear.

But I do like their "rather go naked" campaign. :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
PETA, the traitors that fund admitted terrorists and terrorist organizations?
PETA, the hypocrites that maintain their own kill shelter and kill an estimated 85% of the animals it takes in?
PETA, the sorry sonsofbitches who applauded when Steve Irwin died?
PETA, the worthless pieces of dog feces whose leader personally is all for breaking of laws?

I've heard of them. Seem like nice people. Actually, I wouldn't cry if they all got eaten by a bear.

But I do like their "rather go naked" campaign. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

but as far as I have heard their kill rate is much higher, not to mention the animals they acquired under false pretense, only to kill and dispose of in unlawful ways.

VictorV

White Belt
Reaction score
You guys are lucky. I live in Norfolk, VA where they have their HQ. PETA kills about 90% of the animals they take in. They do know death. When my dog had to be put down (long story), PETA put her down for free and allowed us to store her body there until we could get the money to have her cremated. The emergency vets wanted to charge us $350 to do it. That was AFTER the $1000 we were charged to try to save her. I have lots of issues with PETA, but once in awhile, they serve a purpose.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PETA? I love PETA.

Thats those People Eating Tasty Animals folks right?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Normally EH and I see eye to eye on things but in this case I have to say that there is a reason why wolves are endangered. It's the same reason there are no bears in Britain any more. Compete with us and you lose - sorry rest of the animal kingdom. Better luck on the next evolutionary cycle.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who gives a **** about PeTA? Gray wolves are an endangered species in most of the country, there are only 5000 of them in the lower 48 and 200,000 worldwide. Eating them is irresponsible

Did I miss where it specified he was eating Grey Wolf or are we extrapolating that fact because it's what he fought in the movie?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not all up for eating wolf meat but if were in a survival situation (like the premise of the film itself) then yeah, eat and live or starve and freeze to death because your body doesn't have the necessary calories to burn to keep you warm. But eating it to just "get into character" uhh, I think I'll borrow Sir Lawrence Olivier's suggestion to Dustin Hoffman... "try acting."
Gonna leave the PETA issue alone. Otherwise this will turn into a 12 page rant on their hypocritical idiocy.

And ya'll know how much I hate hypocrites!!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

Only endangered in the lower 48, the populations in Alaska and Canada are healthy and able to sustain harvest. I'd rather people eat the meat than just cape out the carcass for fur.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to admit that I like the results of his acting, but the idea that he`s a meathod actor really diminishes him in some way for me.

( I love and admire wolves, but I`m practical about us being at the top of the food chain too.)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did I miss where it specified he was eating Grey Wolf or are we extrapolating that fact because it's what he fought in the movie?

The commercials sell this angle a whole lot more than it actually is in there. It's a survival movie, yeah there are wolves but there's some tricky marketing going on there.

MPC1257

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is regarding this topic. Liam Neeson did not hunt the wolf, it was provided for him and the rest of the crew by the director. I doubt the meat was obtained illegally and if you've ever been to a game dinner you would realize that there are often meats available that you might not have thought were actually very good. He tried and he liked it. Big deal.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is regarding this topic. Liam Neeson did not hunt the wolf, it was provided for him and the rest of the crew by the director. I doubt the meat was obtained illegally and if you've ever been to a game dinner you would realize that there are often meats available that you might not have thought were actually very good. He tried and he liked it. Big deal.
Hey WOLVES are people too you know.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score

There are only two species of wolf in the United States, and the Red Wolf is far more endangered than even the Gray Wolf. I suppose it's an assumption, but it seems like a safe one - I doubt they harvested a far more rare species or sent off for a Himalayan or an Indian Wolf.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Normally EH and I see eye to eye on things but in this case I have to say that there is a reason why wolves are endangered. It's the same reason there are no bears in Britain any more. Compete with us and you lose - sorry rest of the animal kingdom. Better luck on the next evolutionary cycle.

Wolves don't compete with us. Loss of a top predator also affects the rest of the ecosystem in sometimes catastrophic ways, and we've been dealing with that in the US for some time now. We've had to take over the wolf's role, which is why we are trying to bring them back. Populations with a top predator reach dynamic equilibrium. Populations without a top predator results in catastrophic boom/bust cycles that can other loss of species or damage/destruction of the environment. In engineering terms, you are removing the negative feedback loop. It's stupid, short-sighted thinking.

Latest Discussions