Let the bodies hit the floor (again. still.)

El_Nastro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I like to watch martial arts videos on the youtube. Who doesn't?

I've noticed a trend in the background music. That Drowning Pool "Let The Bodies Hit the Floor" song.

Why? Why do so many people insist on putting that lame-*** song in the background yet again? Can these people possibly not realize it's been done about a billion times before?

Aren't we all sick of that song by now?

Just had to get that off my chest.

That is all.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]]5lvU-DislkI[/yt]

I'm sorry, what were you saying? :lol2:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never used the song but I do like it!
icon6.gif

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because it's BADASS. And anybody who uses this song is automagically BADASS. Only the most unbelievably BADASS even dare to play this song.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, that's Drowning Pool? I have "Full Circle" by them, which I really like. Every now and then I hear that song ("Let The Bodies...") on the radio though and I think "That sounds pretty good..I should find out who it is and pick it up" but I never connected that it was Drowning Pool.

But I don't watch a lot of stuff on youtube so never noticed that it was used a lot, but given the nature of the song, I'm not surprised

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because it's BADASS. And anybody who uses this song is automagically BADASS. Only the most unbelievably BADASS even dare to play this song.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

This has got to be the truth I will get that song now so I caan be a bad ***.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hey, my first sifu used the Conan theme song or EVER SINGLE kung fu demo he ever did. By comparison "Let the bodies hit the floor" is not that bad.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, that's Drowning Pool? I have "Full Circle" by them, which I really like. Every now and then I hear that song ("Let The Bodies...") on the radio though and I think "That sounds pretty good..I should find out who it is and pick it up" but I never connected that it was Drowning Pool.
Well, they have had a different singer on every album. Personally, I liked the guy who was on the second one, the single "Step Up" kicks ***.
Regarding Bodies, it is definitely still a popular song. My band does it, and it's a high point of the set every time. Nothing like grabbing a wireless mic and jumping into a mosh pit... :lol:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryKS
This has got to be the truth I will get that song now so I caan be a bad ***.
I'm such a BADASS I don't need a steenkin theme song to play!
Because nothing can override the silence of sheer awe as I walk into a room.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm such a BADASS I don't need a steenkin theme song to play!
Because nothing can override the silence of sheer awe as I walk into a room.
I think it's more like "Awwwwweeee, he's so cute".:rofl:

We used "Bodies" a great deal as a demo song when I was doing kempo, 'course the song was pretty new then. Folks use it for demos cause it IS a somewhat fitting song for the MA demo and most folks that are watching the demo haven't seen enough demos to get tired of it yet. Won't be long before another song takes it's place and we'll be fussing about the use of the new song.

Latest Discussions