Leg stretching Device.

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Need some advise, I have a Tigar Claw leg stretcher, it has a seat that you sit in and a handwheel to turn to expand your leg's.
How can I get the best results out of this devise? Is it possible for a 45 year old guy to go all the way to the ground in a Chinese split?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Need some advise, I have a Tigar Claw leg stretcher, it has a seat that you sit in and a handwheel to turn to expand your leg's.
How can I get the best results out of this devise? Is it possible for a 45 year old guy to go all the way to the ground in a Chinese split?

Anything is possible the question should be are you willing to sacrefice yourself so it can happen, that is the true question.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here it is I am 48 and have not really trained for about 1.5 years when I had to stop I could do fuul splits now barely et my legs apart. Can I get back to where I was yes by having people stretch me on a daily basis before and after classes. I am willing to sacrefice my body to get back to where I was. Are you willing to be put though pain an a daily basis to get the splits if so yes, if not no. It is that simple.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Hi Navy,

Best results from the stretcher will come from a good overall training program that includes both cardio and strength training. Your flexibility will improve as your muscles get in to better shape.

Warm up before you do your stretches - don't stretch a cold body.

You'll also gain from working on stretching your whole body. The machine primarily helps you stretch your adductors (inner thigh muscles). Keep in mind though... when you gain enough flexibility to try a split without the machine's help, you'll be relying upon the other muscle groups in your lower body to get yourself safely in to and out of the split.

Hope that helps some. :)

OP
N

navyvetcv60

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Navy,

Best results from the stretcher will come from a good overall training program that includes both cardio and strength training. Your flexibility will improve as your muscles get in to better shape.

Warm up before you do your stretches - don't stretch a cold body.

You'll also gain from working on stretching your whole body. The machine primarily helps you stretch your adductors (inner thigh muscles). Keep in mind though... when you gain enough flexibility to try a split without the machine's help, you'll be relying upon the other muscle groups in your lower body to get yourself safely in to and out of the split.

Hope that helps some. :)

Great advise, Thanks!

Latest Discussions