Last Night's UFC

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay last nights UFC was pretty spectacular! The Jim Miller fight was great, Rounda Rousey and Meisha Tate delivered in a big way and the Silva fight ended spectacularly. Albeit sad for Silva. With what happened to Silva I made a post on my blog showing similar endings. I found the videos in about two minutes and frankly there were a lot more that I left off.

Check out my blog here:
http://brianvancise.com/2013/12/29/exciting-ufc-last-night/

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay last nights UFC was pretty spectacular! The Jim Miller fight was great, Rounda Rousey and Meisha Tate delivered in a big way and the Silva fight ended spectacularly. Albeit sad for Silva. With what happened to Silva I made a post on my blog showing similar endings. I found the videos in about two minutes and frankly there were a lot more that I left off.

Check out my blog here:
http://brianvancise.com/2013/12/29/exciting-ufc-last-night/

Definitely one of the most exciting UFCs that I've seen. (Although I can't watch Silva's leg break without feeling sick to my stomach.)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Definitely one of the most exciting UFCs that I've seen. (Although I can't watch Silva's leg break without feeling sick to my stomach.)

That sums it up for me. Very sad to see what looks like a terrible, career ending injury for the spider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Awesome event. The women's fight was incredible. Roussey put on a Judo clinic in that octagon. Tate put up a hell of a fight though and is certainly one tough chick. The Silva/Weidman fight was great and I was extremely happy to see my fellow Long Islander bring the belt back home, although I wish it hadn't happened the way it did. Regardless, Weidman clearly won the first round and showed it wasn't just some fluke win. He won the match, he deserves the belt. End of story.

rstabler

White Belt
Reaction score
Love the fact the judges were left out of it. Hate the fact the final fight ended the way it did.

Stickgrappler

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I made 10 GIFs from Round 1 of Ronda Rousey vs Meisha Tate. Hopefully tonight I will be able to post highlight GIFs of Rd 2-3.

Enjoy!

--------------

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-Rd1c-400-sg.gif

4 more GIF's here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12/ufc-168-ronda-rousey-x-meisha-tate-rd-1_31.html

-------

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-SloMo-Rd1a-400-sg.gif

4 more GIF's here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12/ufc-168-ronda-rousey-x-meisha-tate-rd-1_5494.html

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i was watching for rousey and tate, and i wasnt dissappointed at all. shocked it lasted as long as it did, but exactly the ending everyone saw comming

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Let's not forget Browne proving that the elbow strikes vs Gonzaga was not an oddity but a legit defense that anyone going into the clinch that low vs him is a baaaaad idea. Reminds me of when Deigo Sanchez and Kenny Florian both kinda discovered elbows to the head for guard.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Browne looks like an absolute beast! Definitely a title shot for him in the near future!

You are absolutely right about elbow shots being a legit defense versus a low clinch/takedown attempt.