La Savate

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm very interested in learning savate from a qualified instructor. From the history I've read it really peaks my interest. I'm curious about minor variations in technique and various philosophies related to the art. Sorry if there's already a thread, I couldn't find it.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Savate can be very hard to find outside of France. Your best bet is to find a kickboxing gym and see if they know anyone in your area that does it if you can't find one through google or yellowpages. You'll have an even harder time if you want to learn la canne!

Best regards,

-Mark

Shawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Old post, I know - but Trinity Martial Arts site is now www.trinityjunfan.com

Savate classe are held on alternated Wednesday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - most often taught by Janesse Leung or Scott Redstone (both Silver Gloves).

OP
Em MacIntosh

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the threadromancy. I'm still interested in Savate but I live in Vancouver now. I'll be looking around to check my options but if you know of anything wes'coast it'd be much appreciated.

Shawn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'll check with Janesse and get back to you - she is the most connected to the Savate community. You could check JKD schools out there - especially any that have a connection to Inosanto or Salem Assli, as they tend to have some Savate in their mix.

Vancouver is a great place to live and there is a huge martial arts community out there. Many years ago I was lucky enough to live out there and spend some time training in 7 Star Mantis with Sifu Jon Funk - he is based out of the West End Community Centre. No Savate, but a great teacher and great system.

Shawn

Latest Discussions