Kukki Style Dojang in Nashville

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a 1st dan adult student who has just moved to Nashville, and was wondering if any of you know a good Kukki style dojang that you can recommend. I'm particularly looking for a dojang that has a good adult mix and teaches current Kukkiwon poomsae.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't have a recommendation, and you probably already know this, but he could try the Kukkiwon's dojang finder...

K.M.S Unifying the world with Taekwondo We are the KUKKIWON family

Move around in the Google map to find schools registered in the area of interest.

Thanks. I am one of the first registered members of the Kukkiwon Overseas Membership System, and I can attest that the Kukkiwon dojang finder is not a reliable tool for finding Kukkiwon style dojangs in the U.S. Many of the dojangs it lists as Kukkiwon schools in our state -- Missouri -- never recommend any students for Kukkiwon certification. Others on the list no longer exists or are far removed from teaching current Kukkiwon standards of poomsae and other elements of taekwondo.

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've noticed the same. I'll start with the dojang finder to create a list, but then when I go through the list, half the schools are either closed or don't appear to necessarily adhere to a Kukkiwon curriculum. Still...it's where I start when somebody asks.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I moved cities, I tried this too. It didn't work, so I googled Kukkiwon master grandmaster and the name of the city, then went to talk to them all to find out what clubs and affiliations were in the city that would best suit my needs. Most of the high dan grades were Korean apart from one guy, and they were all very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this approach.

Latest Discussions