Kuk Sool Won's - 'KI-Cho Hyung' Applications

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would agree in some Chinese MA but... KSW Founders are still alive today and active, his sons currently manage the association. So this isn't a watered down KSW or lost in translation, this IS the original.

Again I use WC for example. The female founder Ng Mei is long dead, but applications are still there. Jigoro Kano is dead, but Judo techniques are the same. Helio Gracie is dead, but an armbar is still an armbar. A first day newbie can ask any BJJ blue belt why they do shrimps on the mats and they will give you the same answer, because movement came from applications, not the other way around.

When the founders of a style can't explain the forms, then it is reasonable to conclude t hat there are no applications to the movements.
FYI, the existence of a female founder of Wing Chun named Ng Mui, is highly debatable.

ClA

White Belt
Reaction score
FYI, the existence of a female founder of Wing Chun named Ng Mui, is highly debatable.

I am not a WCer but you get the point. Even tai chi, the fight applications are there, even if some white guy teaches it, they will know. So for forms to have no applications it can't be a lost in translation, especially when the founders are still alive and well.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not a WCer but you get the point. Even tai chi, the fight applications are there, even if some white guy teaches it, they will know. So for forms to have no applications it can't be a lost in translation, especially when the founders are still alive and well.
I don’t disagree with your point.

I sometimes can’t help myself when it comes to clarifying a point of history.

Latest Discussions