Kuden Review!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so I am working my way slowly through the first four Kuden DVD's and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It is very nice to see Hatsumi Sensei teaching a regular class. It is similar to a Daikomyosai and yet different because the number of practitioners present is quite less. Definately two thumbs up!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Here is a short trailer for the Kuden series:

They are of course all available at www.ninjutsu.com

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I work my way through all of these I must say that they are absolutely great. Viewing Hatsumi Sensei teaching at the Budokan and at the Hombu dojo at a regular class is a real treat.
icon14.gif

savagek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hi Brian,

I have been to Japan many times and each time its around February. I have found this the best time of the year, not as many folks as other times of the year.

I was in the background during the filming of several of the first ones and the material was great. Soke's movement is awsome.

Be well and Gassho,

Ken Savage
www.winmartialarts.com

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These really are great videos so that you can try to keep up to date with the teachings of Soke. (a few years behind) I have noticed that the dates are not quite correct. I found this out when I ordered some of the DVD's expecting to see myself in the back ground. It looks like they are running a month or two behind the correct dates.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance that you're reading the date "wrong?" Y'know, the way that many countries list DAY-MONTH-YEAR, instead of the US "standard" of MONTH-DAY-YEAR?

I know how frustrating it can be kind of hoping to get something that you think you might be in -- and not be there!

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any chance that you're reading the date "wrong?" Y'know, the way that many countries list DAY-MONTH-YEAR, instead of the US "standard" of MONTH-DAY-YEAR?

I know how frustrating it can be kind of hoping to get something that you think you might be in -- and not be there!

I do not think I am reading the date wrong but more likely the producer has placed a date that is not quite lined up. Either way the video footage is first rate and I am getting each new one as it comes out so eventually the technique footage from when we were there will be on them.
icon6.gif

Tsuki-Yomi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From what I see in the catalog they have 7 volumes available at this time. What volume are you referring to about the dates not corresponding?

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I see in the catalog they have 7 volumes available at this time. What volume are you referring to about the dates not corresponding?

Several of the dates during the spring/summer of 04 do not line up based on not only when I was there but also when some others were there.

Tsuki-Yomi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, they added quite a few since the 08 catalog!

Is everything subtitled?

kouryuu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I do not think I am reading the date wrong but more likely the producer has placed a date that is not quite lined up. Either way the video footage is first rate and I am getting each new one as it comes out so eventually the technique footage from when we were there will be on them.
icon6.gif

Brian is correct, i have nearly all the Kuden series and the dates are definitely out on a few of them, still great viewing though:)

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the review Brian. I've been through the first two and I was wondering if the series was consistent.
BudoVideo is advertising Vol 19 so the series is moving along quickly.

David

Latest Discussions