kubotan dual

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maglites are inexpensive. They're also cheap.
The backup lights that I linked are only 1000 lumen.
I don't know. My 6-cell C-cell Mag I wore as a side baton because I rode patrol on a bike quite a bit and it was a little shorter than a PR-24. It was used its fair share in daily duties, survived two slides on the bike (a recovered wipeout where the bike is damaged), cracked a few skulls and the only thing I have ever replaced were bulbs. It is ugly enough from all the scratches and missing paint we used to joke about its appearance alone being a deterrent. This one is 33 years old and still working perfectly. My smaller 2-cell AAA lights have had the switch button replaced a couple times but to be fair they are on/off much more and treated roughly. They are at least 20 years old so no complaints.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’d like to butt in to say that as fancy as flashlights can get, I’ve had a lot of luck with maglite’s AA versions over the years and they make a 275 lumen version now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I replace my C cell Mag with a LED bulb (direct fit) that makes a huge difference.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I carry one similar to this
flashlight.png

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assault hamsters....I gotta' get me some of them. And if I can get them to wear little green helmets...
Yeah, I'm thinking there's a market for the hamsters, and a great after-market business for assault gear.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. My 6-cell C-cell Mag I wore as a side baton because I rode patrol on a bike quite a bit and it was a little shorter than a PR-24. It was used its fair share in daily duties, survived two slides on the bike (a recovered wipeout where the bike is damaged), cracked a few skulls and the only thing I have ever replaced were bulbs. It is ugly enough from all the scratches and missing paint we used to joke about its appearance alone being a deterrent. This one is 33 years old and still working perfectly. My smaller 2-cell AAA lights have had the switch button replaced a couple times but to be fair they are on/off much more and treated roughly. They are at least 20 years old so no complaints.
Yeah, the only failures I've had with the bigger Mag-lites has been when I left batteries in them too long and they corroded. I've had some issues with the little AA versions, though - they' seem to be a bit less sturdy.

John Codero

White Belt
Reaction score
My Kungfu teacher sifu Patrick van Steen is also a kubotan instructor. He mentioned that it is considdered as a keychain. And that the best one to are the one without a point at one end. There are judges who considder a point shaped one worse then on wothout point shape.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Kungfu teacher sifu Patrick van Steen is also a kubotan instructor. He mentioned that it is considdered as a keychain. And that the best one to are the one without a point at one end. There are judges who considder a point shaped one worse then on wothout point shape.
This depends very much on what the local laws are where you live, so I won't comment too much on that. I've no clue what the laws are in the netherlands. But for a similar reasoning (can be considered something else, and blunt rather than a pointed object like a knife), I recommend people get a maglite like mentioned earlier in the thread.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that we stop them from coming into the courthouse, and the TSA is supposed to stop them from going on planes, I don't think it's safe to make a blanket statement that they are considered key chains.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that we stop them from coming into the courthouse, and the TSA is supposed to stop them from going on planes, I don't think it's safe to make a blanket statement that they are considered key chains.
That's true in the US. A really quick google search agreed with what he said for the netherlands-apparently they are okay as long as they do not have a sharpened tip, but you cannot use more force than deemed appropriate (not sure if that's reasonable man appropriateness or something else). TI found a few sites suggesting that, none of them legal or official in any manner, but different countries (and states) have different laws.

Latest Discussions