KT:What a great night...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
What a great night...
By Dr. Dave in da house - 10-20-2009 02:13 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Couple weeks ago, a new Nidan at the school I work out in forgot his belt...1 week after testing for it. So I took it with me, with the idea that I would wear it in one night, and make him take it off me. Make it hard for him, but let him get it...hopefully with enough bruises to make it stick out in memory to not leave his belt lying around again.

Then we had the Ohana. Then I went to Nebraska. Then I had a senior in-law to handle...month or so since I been in the studio. I show up tonight, and he's ready to get his belt back. What agreat kid. He's early 20's, weighs half what I do, is squirrely like a mo-fo, and has a great fighting heart.

We wrassled mostly. I had him in a rear-naked with hooks in, and couldn't figger out why he wasn't defending...little bugger was untying the belt I was wearing with his hands while I was choking him! (the challenge was to get the belt off me, not tap me out or prevent me fom tapping him out, and like a trooper, he stayed on task...untying it a little more each time we tied up, until he had it free and we were trying to choke each other with it).

Had a great grapple...he threw me; I threw him...I think he got the better of me, though. I chipped a tooth in one clash, and broke my nose on his forehead when I threw him and followed him down as he jumped to guard. Grinning like a clown the whole time. I love this stuff.

I didn't get to spar with him for his belt test, cuz I arrived too late. He has improved a lot since last time we tangled.

Thanks for the roll, Ivan -- I'm still grinning like a kid in a candy store!

D.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions