KT:Teaching again!?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Teaching again!?
By celticzazen - 09-22-2008 05:35 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Hello. I’m new to this forum. I need some input on something. I am a 1st degree black belt in American Kenpo(?). When I moved away from the city where I trained I received permission to teach from my teacher. I opened a school at a local gym in a very small community (less than 3,000) and very quickly had 52 students. Everything went well for about a year and half until I was in an accident. I broke my arm and had neck surgery which put me out of commission for almost 2 years. I had to close the school.

Since that time I have started working on my material again and have spent a lot of time looking into American Kenpo and have realized that I was not taught the full Ed Parker system. Actually I was taught only about ½ of the self defense techniques. My teacher has since closed his school.

I do not have access within a reasonable and workable distance to anyone who teaches American Kenpo so I have been working with tapes by Master Tabatabais and When Kepo Strikes by Larry Tatum to try and get myself up to speed.

What has happened recently is that several past students have approached me about teaching again… my problem is that while I can teach the material I was taught I want to bring the material up to par with Ed Parkers Kenpo… any recommendations… I contacted Larry Tatum and also the American Kenpo Legacy about working long distance… what are your thoughts on this…

Thank you

John

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Teaching again!?
By celticzazen - 09-22-2008 05:35 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Hello. I’m new to this forum. I need some input on something. I am a 1st degree black belt in American Kenpo(?). When I moved away from the city where I trained I received permission to teach from my teacher. I opened a school at a local gym in a very small community (less than 3,000) and very quickly had 52 students. Everything went well for about a year and half until I was in an accident. I broke my arm and had neck surgery which put me out of commission for almost 2 years. I had to close the school.

Since that time I have started working on my material again and have spent a lot of time looking into American Kenpo and have realized that I was not taught the full Ed Parker system. Actually I was taught only about ½ of the self defense techniques. My teacher has since closed his school.

I do not have access within a reasonable and workable distance to anyone who teaches American Kenpo so I have been working with tapes by Master Tabatabais and When Kepo Strikes by Larry Tatum to try and get myself up to speed.

What has happened recently is that several past students have approached me about teaching again… my problem is that while I can teach the material I was taught I want to bring the material up to par with Ed Parkers Kenpo… any recommendations… I contacted Larry Tatum and also the American Kenpo Legacy about working long distance… what are your thoughts on this…

Thank you

John

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Hey John where do you live?? and who was your teacher??

Latest Discussions