KT:a question about styles

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
a question about styles
By RaGeFiSt - Sat, 07 Oct 2006 20:11:09 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

hi all, iv got a few questions about some kenpo styles.
i started kenpo about 5 months ago, my teacher is an 8th degree blackbelt in chinese kenpo karate that he says comes from nick cerio. i like the classes that he teaches its alot of fun and i like the techniques and forms etc. my friend just started american kenpo at a school and he asked me to come try it out with him today. so i did. the teachers at the school are nice, but they pretty much told me that what i was studying was complete junk. they said they had studied under my current teacher 20 years earlier when he was a third degree bb. they say their style is much better and to be honost what they were doing did seem effective. now the main teacher at this american kenpo school was telling me a bunch of stuff that i think is untrue like how nick cerio was only a purple belt before he created his own style etc. now the question i want to ask is this: what are the relationships/differences in cerio's chinese kenpo and ed parkers american kenpo and are both the styles effective?

i always thought that the styles were different neither one was better, but the teacher at the american kenpo school thought differently.
dont worry about offending me or anything i don't know much about the martial arts, thanks.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions